Accountant – WorldFish – Batu Maung, Malaysia
- Act as manager of financial systems and a senior team member as well as supervising junior staff and ensuring a positive team ethos in Timor Leste office.
- Work with senior finance staff to develop new audit-compliant payment, finance and account keeping systems for the Timor-Leste office.
- Ensure financial records are submitted on time using online systems or to donors in compliance with WorldFish/ donor’s Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure that project expenses are accounted for accurately in the system, and reported to the donor completely, according to agreed timelines and procedures.
- Assist in project management, project administration and logistics from project initiation to project closure including, but not limited to, maintaining proper project accounting files and master data, maintaining asset registers, responding to external and internal queries.
- Handle proper accounting and administration of the General Ledger through posting of accounting journals on daily basis and timely closing of monthly accounts in OCS.
- Ensure timely administration of payroll, banking and disbursement services to all personnel whose payroll is administered by Timor-Leste country office.
- Report to the Country Coordinator, Research Leader or Project Leaders the remaining funding available for projects on quarterly basis or on an ad-hoc basis as requested.
- Support all relevant units in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of bank accounts, project subsidiary ledgers and records to control accounts and with relevant parties, where applicable.
- Support the management of cash transactions on OCS on a monthly basis.
- Maintain and monitor cash flow to ensure adequate fund balance in the bank to run the office including timely fund request, verify and analyse collaborators’, partners’ and consultants’ expense liquidations, and disbursements to collaborators, partners, consultants and service providers.
- Ensure financial reporting and liquidation in accordance with guidelines and policy of donors, CGIAR and WorldFish.
- Degree in Accountancy with at least 3 years post-graduate experience and worked for a USAID/EU donor funded project in a similar capacity.
- A full member of an international professional accountancy body, e.g. ACCA, CIMA or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years is in the international non-profit organization.
- Conversant with international accounting standards i.e. IFRS / IAS and donor rules and regulations (USAID / EU) relating to project/program accounting and financial reporting.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with staff at different levels of seniority.
- Strong sense of professionalism, business ethics and integrity.
- Good command of English (both verbal and written).
- Hands-on experience with reputable ERP systems such as Oracle or SAP.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Teams applications.