Office Administrator – Penang, Malaysia
WorldFish is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and energetic team player who will be responsible to provide secretarial and administration support to the WorldFish Research Programs Team members.
This position falls under the Project Management Unit, providing secretarial and general administrative support to the research programs’ staff based in Penang. The main responsibilities include effective and efficient advanced administrative and secretarial support services and serving effectively the global research programs office’s needs.
- Provide comprehensive, efficient and effective advanced administrative and secretarial support services to the Research Program’s staff based in Penang.
- Manage the day-to-day office communication, including drafting of correspondence, mail distribution (incoming letters), incoming and outgoing communications and routing to the appropriate personnel for action/follow-up.
- Responsible in providing support to the Program Leaders and research staff with the travel arrangements includes co-coordinating travel requests including visa application, assists with logistical arrangements (e.g. hotel booking and ground arrangements) and submission of travel claims/liquidations, etc.
- Provide oversight and supervision over the co-ordination of meetings, workshops, conferences, training courses, etc. organized for the research programs.
- Liaise with Administration & Operations Unit to coordinate logistical arrangements for visitors/guests attending conferences/meetings/workshops.
- Serve as the principal source of information to all HQ based Scientists on matters concerning policies, procedures, programs and office activities.
- Continuously identify and initiate improvement or new administrative systems for better management and greater efficiency within the Research Programs.
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor to support the overall accountabilities and performance targets of the Project Management Unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Executive Secretaryship, Office Management, Administration or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of working experience in office management and administration with multi-national company.
- Experience in secretarial and administration support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good organizational and time management skills to process tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Team player and strong customers’ service orientation.
- Ability to interact positively with people in a multi-cultural environment.