The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is the largest source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean.
The IDB works to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean, they achieve this through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality. They also focus on improving health and education, while working towards advancing infrastructure with an aim to achieve this is in a climate-friendly way.
The Bank’s current focus areas include three development challenges
- social inclusion and equality
- productivity and innovation
- economic integration
and three cross-cutting issues
- gender equality and diversity
- climate change and environmental sustainability
- institutional capacity and the rule of law