Application closing date: 30 April 2019
Background: Our Finance Department is building a pipeline of accounting professionals who want to have an impact on people’s lives and take their careers to an international level.
Register today in this Candidate Pipeline and we may contact you in the next months to discuss your background and interest in greater detail, and/or once a position becomes available for which your profile is relevant.
This can be a great opportunity for those who have an innovative and intrapreneurial mindset and want to work in a team that is constantly innovating. We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to register.
The team: We make the IDB’s development projects and ideas a reality by working with our internal and external clients to mobilize the Bank’s strong financial resources through effective, innovative and integrated financial solutions. This includes the investment of Bank’s financial resources, accounting and financial reporting, and overseeing the relations with financial markets and intermediaries.
The Accounting Division is responsible for preparing all financial statements and other related internal and external financial reports for the Bank’s main funds and other funds under its administration, establishing accounting policies and procedures, managing all accounting operations, and monitoring and ensuring that the accounting and financial reporting is in compliance with US GAAP or other special basis of accounting.
What we are looking for: Dynamic professionals to work in the following areas:
- Bank’s Funds financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP or other special bases of accounting; participation in the external annual audit process of the Bank’s funds.
- Accounting activities related to payroll, fixed assets, administrative accounts and cash reconciliations.
- Accounting activities of the Bank’s subsidiary ledgers related to Loans, Grants, Investments, Borrowing and derivatives.
- Controls to support management assertion on the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Compliance, interpretation and implementation of accounting policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitoring the execution of financial transactions throughout the Bank for compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and standards.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Languages: You speak English and a second language of the Bank (Spanish, Portuguese or French).
- Education: Master’s Degree (or equivalent level of education) in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Certification to practice public accounting in a member country (CPA, Contador Público) may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree, provided the candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience: You have between 2 and 10 years of experience in accounting/auditing and experience acquired in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or multinational environment.
- Engagement: We are particularly interested in candidates who can demonstrate experience in finding new ways to do their job, and who can contribute to a knowledge-sharing environment.
Our inclusive culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of three resource groups: The Afro-Descendant Alliance Group, GLOBE (LGBT), and our Professional Women’s Network.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers competitive benefits and compensation package. The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.