Senior Energy Specialist – ADB – Papua New Guinea
- Advise the PNG Government to achieve national renewable energy targets, including considering options to encourage greater private sector investment in renewable energy;
- Provide technical inputs to ensure energy sector issues are incorporated into ADB’s new Pacific Approach 2020-2025, ADB Country Partnership Strategy for PNG, and ADB Country Operations Business Plans for PNG;
- Work closely with the Pacific Energy Division (PAEN), initiate, design, prepare and administer loan and TA projects for the energy sector in PNG;
- Lead the implementation and administration of sovereign energy sector projects delegated to PNRM;
- Ensure key technical, economic, financial, and cross-cutting issues are addressed and incorporated into sovereign project and TA design and implementation;
- Liaise closely with PNG-based development agencies and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain networks on energy sector issues to keep abreast of the latest developments and issues;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing on energy sector issues within PARD and promoting lessons from PNG;
- Manage teams of consultants and liaison with government counterparts in the process of conducting feasibility studies, due diligence, project design, and implementation;
- Support or lead other work in PNG, PARD and ADB as needed and reflected in the workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering, economics, finance. A university degree in a relevant field combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities outlined in this job description including capacity to conceptualize development strategies for the energy sector, conduct policy dialogues, and work in complex projects
- At least 10 years of relevant international experience in the energy sector.
- Experience in the Pacific region or in PNG will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong term player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong motivation and ability to deliver results, and strong responsiveness to the needs of Pacific developing member countries and ADB management.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire small teams
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels