Application closing date: 1 April 2019
Reporting to the Senior HR Officer you will be working in a small operational HR team at EMBL-EBI alongside generalist colleagues. You will also be a member of the wider EMBL-EBI Administration team and the EMBL HR team, with close links to colleagues in EMBL headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany.
- advise staff, supervisors and HR colleagues on EMBL pay and benefits
- oversee monthly payroll preparation
- handle claims for EMBL benefits – education grant, home leave and others
- work closely with the respective HR pay and benefits responsible colleagues in the EMBL headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany to ensure consistency of practice, contribute to projects and cover for absence as required
- provide a full generalist and recruitment service to a few assigned groups and teams, including – advising on employment contracts and performance management and carrying out related tasks – creating and maintaining HR and payroll records in SAP – advising managers on recruitment and overseeing the selection process – making employment offers and being the main point of contact for new joiners before they arrive
- contribute to the overall performance of the HR function by proposing solutions and participating in improvement projects and by liaising with other functions in the administration and external service suppliers
- actively build trust and rapport throughout EMBL-EBI in order to keep abreast of and be responsive to the concerns of both managers and staff
- A track record of delivering in multicultural environments.
- A university degree and training in human resources management or equivalent and several years of /or experience in a relevant field such as business administration.
- Conscientious attitude, high numerical accuracy and good organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team and the desire to provide a high quality service for staff at all levels in the organisation.
- You will be able to identify and respond to priorities and work independently in your area of responsibility, while also supporting the team.
- Good computer skills including advanced Excel.
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential and a good working knowledge of another European language will be an asset.
You might also have
- Experience of working outside your home country.
- SAP experience.
- A good working knowledge of a European language other than English.
Human Resources and Information Technology (HRIT) Coordinator Directorate of Human Resources
Application closing date: 5 April 2019
(Group IV, B5/B6)
Vacancy notice n°18/2018 REOPENING
The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) is a multilateral development bank with a social mandate. The CEB contributes to financing the implementation of socially oriented investment projects through four sectoral lines of action, namely: strengthening social integration; managing the environment; supporting public infrastructure with a social vocation; supporting micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). The Bank also plays an active role in the response to the migrant and refugee challenge in Europe.
The incumbent will report to the Deputy Director of Human Resources (HR). Working independently or within a team, as directed, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in identifying, evaluating, proposing and selecting the appropriate options for ensuring that the HRIT technologies, systems and processes meet business needs in a cost-effective and user-friendly fashion.
- Write functional requirements regarding the specification, design, selection, implementation, and maintenance of information technology related HR policies, processes and systems;
- Provide an interface between the Information Technology (IT) and HR to implement and maintain applications, infrastructure and compliance systems necessary to protect information;
- Report incidents, follow-up on their resolution and respond to user inquire on HR tools.
- Analyze production system data and generate reports.
- Write and follow standard operating procedures.
- Represent HR on cross-organizational teams established to ensure enterprise business support on HRIT projects.
- Assist with support escalations, documenting support processes, coordination of integration testing across applications, and assisting with capturing requirements for both units in the Directorate.
- Provide HR Director and/or Deputy Director with a status report on project implementation.
More generally, the incumbent will collaborate in any other task that may be requested of him/her within the framework of the Directorate’s activity.
Studies: The candidate must a secondary level education, complemented with a 2-year certification in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of HRIT or HR generalist experience.
- Experience in IT or HR project management.
- Experience in IT Systems implementation.
- Strong documentation skills related to support process and incident reporting resolution. Experience in supporting HCM/HRIT application
- Proficiency in standard office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as specific HRIT solutions.
- Planning and work organisation: ability to manage own portfolio of assigned files.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work to challenging deadlines.
- Analytical skills: capacity to analyse, structure and summarise information; ability to assess implications; attention to accuracy and detail in documents.
Linguistic skills: The minimum requirement is fluency in one of the Bank’s two official languages (English/French) and basic knowledge in the other.
- Client Orientation
- Result Orientation
- Team Work
Nationality: Citizen of one of the Bank’s Member States.
1- Contract: the CEB offers a 4-year appointment (including a one-year probationary period) with, under certain conditions, the possibility of renewal.
2- Grade and salary:
- Grade B5/B6
- The remuneration package is composed of a tax-free basic salary and applicable benefits.
3-Benefits (determined by the candidate’s personal situation):
- basic family allowance
- dependent child supplement
- one additional monthly dependent child supplement for a single-parent family
- supplement for a disabled and dependent parent subject to certain conditions
- supplements for a disabled or severely disabled child subject to certain conditions
- education allowance (children) for expatriate staff members
- installation allowance and reimbursement of travel and removal expenses subject to certain conditions
For more information and how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.