2020 Graduate Programme (Cybersecurity and Data Science)
Are you a soon-to-be graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme in computer/data science, engineering or a related quantitative field? Do you have an interest in the practical applications of modern security technologies?
Based in the heart of Europe, our cybersecurity and data science graduate programme offers practical project experience for up to 11 months. You will work on complex business-driven projects and problems designed to stretch your capabilities while using a range of state-of-the-art technologies to find solutions.
Specifically, we have an advanced cyber-threat intrusion analysis capability that we are continuously improving with new use cases. Using machine-learning models running on our big data platform, we can detect anomalous events in large volumes of disparate data (log) sources that we receive and monitor. The aim is to provide new advanced cyber-threat detection approaches to safeguard the integrity of our data and technology platforms.
You will work closely with our Security Operations Centre (SOC) team to identify new cybersecurity monitoring use cases. You will use techniques such as statistical methods, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to evaluate network/computer activity trends to uncover anomalous (eg malicious) system activity.
You will work with top experts from around the world and be part of a stimulating organisational culture characterised by effective collaboration, high-quality output and attention to detail. You will enjoy exposure to ideas and projects beyond your immediate specialty and will play a valuable part in supporting the wider central banking community. Joining us is not just about launching your international career; it is about doing meaningful work for the public good and serving the global community.
Programme duration: up to 11 months Programme Location: Basel, Switzerland Start date: October 2020
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree completed between 2018 and 2020
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in cybersecurity or data science and the application of new technologies relevant for the field
- Experience in big data analysis on Hadoop, machine learning or artificial intelligence, gained, for example, in the context of the bachelor’s or master’s thesis/project
What we offer
We offer a unique, highly rewarding, international working environment that gives you exposure to a range of state-of-the-art technologies. And because of our status as an international organisation, we are able to hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities. This is your opportunity to work in an international environment alongside colleagues from more than 60 countries.
If you are selected, you will receive a contract for up to 11 months (non-renewable). You will receive a competitive salary net of Swiss income tax, health insurance, return travel and accommodation in Basel.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter setting out your motivation for joining the programme and specific areas of interest that are relevant to the programme. Please also provide us with the names and email addresses of two referees that we may contact at the appropriate time.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 20 October 2019 (5pm CEST).
Gender Parity Intern
Functional Responsibilities – Gender Parity Intern
The intern will be expected to energetically engage in the support of gender parity working group tasks and to selectively drive particular work items on his/her own.
Their responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the gender parity action plan for KEMC is up to date.
- Liaison with members of the gender parity group on the action plan.
- Ensure that the work plan of the gender parity group is followed and members are consulted for due actions.
- Draft interview minutes, plan and organize the gender parity group meetings.
- Assist the gender parity focal person in terms of implementation of the action plan.
- Assist in outreach activities related to various recruitments.
- Liaising with the universities, institutes and other organizations regarding various activities related to gender parity.
- Assist the group members in the identification and documentation of best practices and lessons learnt, including coordination and organization-wide implementation of knowledge sharing and documentation methodologies.
- Any other assigned by the working group members.
Enrollment in a University Degree Programme in Social Sciences (related to gender studies) Administration or a related field is required. Applicants who have graduated from such studies within the recent three years will also be considered eligible for the position. Experience
Any prior work experience is not required. A portfolio of relevant work would be an asset.
Excellent written and spoken English is required
Application Closing Date – 16 September 2019
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com
Global Careers, part of the Terra Firma group, offers a range of talent attraction products and services to the International Public Sector. We provide our clients with tailored online recruitment events, talent attraction services, and a dedicated job board to help them connect with audiences worldwide efficiently and cost-effectively.
Global Careers is currently looking for a Marketing Intern to join our team and work on exciting projects.
What will you be doing?
- Posting jobs and creating digital marketing material on our online job board,
- Planning & creating social media content across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & Google+ using Hootsuite,
- Creating and managing various reports on traffic data and performance of our platform,
- Assisting with research tasks for our search mandates, as well as for general marketing purposes,
- Assisting with event management tasks such as HelpDesk during our online events.
Which profile and skills are required?
- Graduate with a Bachelor Degree as a minimum
- Preferably an EU national with the right to work in the UK
- Have a good knowledge of digital marketing and communications, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Apple OS
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and French
- Knowledge of another European language is a bonus
- A general interest in learning new processes and proposing improvements to their workflow
- An energetic and open personality, able to integrate into an international team
- Autonomous and able to quickly take full responsibility for his/her tasks
- Good knowledge of WordPress is essential and some knowledge of Mailerlite and Daylite an advantage.
What are we offering?
- Working in a truly international and fun environment where every day is different.
- There will be the opportunity to create and shape content for digital platforms, and the experience to work and learn from experienced digital marketers and account managers.
- This Internship is for a period of 6 months with the possibility of a full-time contract at the end. There is also the possibility of relocation to Belgium.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and multicultural company and we are looking for a candidate who is keen to stay long-term and grow within the company.
Sounds exciting? Then we would like to hear from you.
- Read through the requirements carefully and be honest …. do we sound like a good fit for you?
- Email us with your CV and an interesting supporting statement of no more than 150 words.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call us on 0203 301 4628