We bring people together to fight poverty.
Our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations so their skills generate the greatest value.
We know, from almost sixty years of experience, that when teachers pass on their skills to others, community groups shown reliable sources of income, and governments helped to make systems fairer, this brings about lasting change.
Last year our organisation provided:
- Training for 66,000+ teachers in 16 countries, benefiting more than 850,000 school children
- Increasing the knowledge and skills of 31,863 health practitioners
- Supporting over 984,000 people to access better health services
- Improving access to food and income for 146,000 people in 15 countries
Help build a better, fairer world for those in poverty.
- support VSO’s vision – a world without poverty in which people work together to fulfil their potential
- can offer professional experience to contribute to VSO’s goals
- have a positive approach and enjoy working in a diverse environment
- welcome new challenges and deal with them in a flexible, open-minded way
We can offer:
- a workplace that encourages learning and development
- an opportunity to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- competitive compensation and benefits
- a chance to combine your professional skills with a good cause.
A Volunteer Doctor in Sierra Leone
Supporting rice farmers in Cambodia