Department : United Nations Environment Programme
Location : Remote
Duty Station : GENEVA
1. General Background
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action.
The Green Growth Knowledge Partnership (GGKP) is co-hosted by UNEP in partnership with the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI). These organizations serve as the joint host of the GGKP Secretariat (www.greengrowthknowledge.org) on behalf of the GGKP Steering Committee (UNEP, GGGI, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, and the World Bank). The GGKP is a global network of over 90 international organisations, research institutes and non-governmental organisations focused on promoting a green economy transition by:
¿ identifying major knowledge gaps in green growth theory and practice and addressing these gaps by promoting collaboration and coordinated research; and
¿ using world-class knowledge management and communication tools to provide practitioners, policymakers, and other experts with opportunities to access, share, and utilize green growth policy analysis, guidance, information, and data.
A Community Support Consultant is sought to fill the need of the Resources and Markets Branch to assist with supporting GGKP’s online interactive community, the Green Forum and development of Green Forum mobile application, including providing and posting content, facilitating discussions, supporting the creation of new discussion groups, strengthening and enriching community engagement, and support project reporting tasks. In particular, the consultant will also support a global community of practice related to communities related to the GEF ISLANDS project on chemicals and waste management. The Community Support Consultant will also support promotion of Tide Turners Challenge Application and relevant events in this connection. The Consultant will develop short video and text knowledge products, identify existing ISLANDS related knowledge resources, and ensure regular upload of such knowledge to project website.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to assist the GGKP team with community engagement and project delivery for the GGKP and GGKP-executed GEF projects, including the following tasks:
1. Support development of Green Forum application including but not limited to, engagement in consultations on design, development of consultation survey targeting ISLANDS stakeholders, support beta testing and promotion of official launch of the application.
2. Development of ISLANDS shorts video materials on project related issues including but not limited to shorts and reels, and further publication of such on gefislands.com.
3. Organisation and hosting community engagement events for ISLANDS, including but not limited to community engagement calls and webinars to provide space for project stakeholders’ awareness raising and capacity building.
4. Provision of regular support to Project Coordinator with drafting outputs for ISLANDS CCKM project reporting in a timely manner.
5. Promotion of existing GGKP platforms, such as Green Forum, including but not limited to creating and managing posts within eight distinct ISLANDS groups, encompassing a wide range of topics including vacancies, news, and events.
6. The creation of succinct knowledge products focusing on ISLANDS issues, encompassing a range of formats, including one-pagers and factsheets.
7. Conducting a systematic assessment to identify pertinent knowledge resources addressing ISLANDS issues and meticulously preparing them for publication on GEFISLANDS.ORG
8. Assist the Gender Specialist in the formulation of gender-focused actions and activities for the ISLANDS Coordination, Communication, and Knowledge Management (CCKM), as well as the ISLANDS child projects.