Valentine’s Day is here… and one of 2 things is likely are like to happen:
- time to book a restaurant, take out your significant other and then text/tweet on your respective smart phones and totally ignore eachother
- time to go out with your single mates and get totally annihilated!
We normally blog about recruitment, social media etc… blah blah blah! Today we want to get a little soppy and talk about lurrrrrvve… or as recruiters used to call it in our day “scoring”.
Apparently 80% of relationships start in the office (perhaps 81% finish there?). May I suggest that for recruiters that yes, 80% may start there… and then they kind of continue, trip and fall, end, start again and then either explode or implode (a little like the life cycle of a candidate?)
We’ve picked our brains (and maybe our history) and come up with some tips for surviving a recruiter office romance.
8 Tips for Recruiters to ensure that their office romance doesn’t get out of control!
- Never go out in public – stay hidden in one of your respective homes for at least 6 months
- At office parties, slag each other off – stay well clear of each other
- At office parties, totally get off with each other
- If you need to go to IKEA, and you’re spotted, have the following line ready “we’re here to get cable trunking for the office”
- Overcompensate at work and give each other a really hard time!
- Own really mainstream cars so when you follow each other in to work on the route that everyone else follows, you’re not spotted!
- Don’t disappear into the server room together to tidy the cables!
- Get married! Have kids and start your own business!
– See more at: https://www.barclayjones.com/blog/recruitment/8-ways-to-survive-a-recruiter-office-romance/#sthash.YdQpJVsB.dpuf