Special Focus in May 2017: MENA & East Africa Careers
Throughout May 2017, candidates from inside and outside the MENA region, had the opportunity to connect with International Organisations, including: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), International Rescue Committee (IRC), Open Society Foundations (OSF), UNICEF in MENA & UNRWA
- 1,720 – Total number of signups to GCF 11
- 977 – Total number of candidates who attended GCF 11
- 45% of professional women attended the event, along with 54% of professional males.
- 69% of candidates had a Master’s Degree, & 6% held a Ph.D.
- 680 conversations took place at the event
- 92% of candidates had 4+ years experience
The Global Careers in MENA & East Africa campaign was a month-long special focus throughout May 2017. The campaign focused on bringing highly qualified candidates (from inside and outside the MENA region) together with leading international organisations, for a series of online employer branding and recruitment outreach activities, including a programme of outreach, employer webinars, online recruitment events and exclusive jobs at GCFjobs.com
The highlight of this campaign was the live online recruiting/employer branding event, which took place on Thursday 11 May 2017. Overall 323 candidates attended this event, and 255 chats were completed between candidates and recruiters.
Recruiters from the attending organisations spoke with hundreds of candidates who were interested in progressing with the next step in their career, and who were keen to make a difference in the world.