Responsible to the Chief Economist, on matters concerning research on coffee-related issues and coffee sector development projects, including (and not limited to):
- Conducting research on the global coffee market, socioeconomic aspects of coffee production, and impacts of agricultural policies.
- Assisting in the preparation and revision of presentations, studies, and documents, including the ‘Monthly Coffee Market Report’ and other economic publications.
- Researching and analysing third-party coffee programmes, such as sustainability initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture, International Affairs, Development Studies, Public and Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in econometric techniques (time series and/or panel data analysis) using statistical software (e.g. STATA, R, SPSS).
- Knowledge of global agricultural markets, especially the coffee market would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English language, oral and written
- A working knowledge of at least one of the other official languages of the Organization (Spanish, French and Portuguese) is desirable.
The International Coffee Organization (ICO) is the main intergovernmental organization for coffee, bringing together exporting and importing Governments to tackle the challenges facing the world coffee sector through international cooperation.
Its Member Governments represent 98% of world coffee production and 83% of world consumption.