Administrative Officer, Compliance (70%)
Purpose of the job:
To support the Chief Compliance Officer and other members of the unit by carrying out and coordinating all secretarial and administrative tasks independently and accurately. To assist the Chief Compliance Officer and compliance managers in the monitoring of financial messaging in the Banking Department.
- Organises and co-ordinates compliance training sessions, committee meetings, conferences, seminars and completion of e-learnings in consultation with the Line Manager and other members of the unit.
- Monitors, under the supervision of the LM and other members of Compliance, the software filtering financial messaging in the Banking Department.
- Supports the preparation of reports, meeting documents of a strictly confidential nature as well as general notes, internal and external correspondence. Manages Compliance’s daily archiving of e-mails and documents.
- Contributes to the production of periodic compliance reports for Management and the Board.
- Raises requisitions and approves invoices.
- Ensures an adequate stock of stationery and office supplies for the unit.
Qualification and work experience:
- Commercial education plus 2-3 yr apprenticeship or training.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience in a secretarial or administrative function.
- Experience of SWIFT messages and a good understanding of financial transactions involving the BIS and central banks.
- Excellent drafting skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal initiative, multicultural sensitivity.
- A good command of MS Office 2016 and MS SharePoint.
- Flexible and able to cope under pressure.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Knowledge of another major language is a plus.
All new staff members are recruited on a fixed-term basis without expectation either of any contract renewal or conversion. The contract may, however, be extended or converted to an open-ended one at the end of the term, subject to organisational needs and individual performance. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.
Application Closing Date: 20th October 2019