Advisers, BIS Innovation Hub
The BIS Innovation Hub is a new unit of the BIS with multidisciplinary teams located in Hong Kong SAR, Singapore and Switzerland. Its mission is to (i) identify and develop in-depth insights into critical trends in financial technology of relevance to central banks, (ii) explore the development of public goods to enhance the functioning of the global financial system, and (iii) serve as a focal point for a network of central bank experts on innovation.
The BIS seeks qualified candidates for the Adviser positions for each of its three Innovation Hub centres located in Hong Kong SAR, Singapore and Switzerland. The Advisers will report to the location’s Centre Head.
Purpose of the job:
- Lead projects on innovation, policy or regulation in support of the mission of the BIS Innovation Hub (the “Hub”), identifying critical trends of interest to central banks and developing global public goods to improve the functioning and efficiency of the international financial system.
- Supervise and execute projects of the Hub, leveraging strengths and specialist skill sets of the Hub Centre, building on the policy expertise of the BIS and its Committees.
- Scout relevant technologies within the region supporting these projects with the objective of delivering global public goods in the financial technology sphere.
- Develop networks from central banks, academic communities and the private sector with a focus on digital innovation and it application to the financial system.
- Under the direction of the Hub Centre Head, lead projects of critical interest to central banks in the financial technology sphere.
- Execute projects in line with the established priorities of the Hub to ensure effectiveness of the Hub in its innovation and policy mandates.
- Report on the performance of projects as set by the Centre Head to ensure concrete outcomes.
- Support effective coordination of the Centre’s activities in close collaboration with the host central bank and the other regional teams in the BIS Innovation Hub.
Relationships and representation
- Establish and develop contacts with the BIS committees, standard setting bodies, research community and international organisations.
- Represent the BIS at official meetings, industry and academic conferences and relevant Fintech events.
Qualification and work experience:
- Advanced degree from a university of international standing.
- More than 5 years’ of relevant work experience within central banking, economic research, the financial industry or the technology sector.
- Strong knowledge of and/or hands-on experience with financial technology and/or policy and regulation in the innovation and fintech area.
- Experience in financial infrastructure or financial stability analysis and good understanding of public policy issues.
- Sound knowledge of financial technologies and their implications for the functioning of the global financial system.
- Practical experience in leading projects and a track record of successful delivery.
- Track record of effective business and resource management. Previous experience at a central bank or in a role interacting with central banks and official institutions would be an advantage.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills and ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to solve complex problems.
- Strong results orientation with enthusiasm, drive and energy to deliver.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment with colleagues from diverse backgrounds work flexibly, effectively and constructively.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.
Application Closing Date: 30th September 2019