Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
We are currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to fill the Chief of Party (COP) position under the USAID funded Engineering Support and Construction Oversight (ESCO) program in Ethiopia. Applicants will be considered upon receipt and the anticipated duration of this project is approximately eighteen (18) months, depending on actual mobilization date.
The USG Ethiopia Global Health Initiative strategy seeks to improve health systems in Ethiopia through integrated delivery of sustainable interventions. USAID is improving access to care through the construction of new and renovated health centers and a new National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS) Center in Addis Ababa. Tetra Tech is USAID’s engineer construction oversight services under the ESCO project.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise for the project and expatriate and local teams;
- Manage the project’s implementation, including overall responsibility for technical implementation in construction oversight, design, and program management
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s and USG regulations.
- Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned;
- Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
- Reports to Home Office Project Manager
- Minimum educational requirement of a Master’s degree in civil engineering or a comparable discipline;
- At least 15 years of experience and previous Chief of Party experience on USAID projects;
- Significant experience in establishing and implementing quality management programs for infrastructure projects, including quality assurance and quality control;
- Significant experience with construction management of facilities and other infrastructure in Ethiopia and/or for USAID;
- Demonstrable knowledge of infrastructure norms (e.g., quality and practices) in developing countries and the US;
- Expertise in the area of gender sensitive design, procurement, and construction activities;
- Demonstrable communication, creative problem solving, and management skills; management experience associated with facilities and other infrastructure projects;
- Willingness to accept an 18 month assignment in Ethiopia.