International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party to coordinate the upcoming USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya Monitoring and Evaluation Services (METAL) project. USAID/Tunisia requires technical support for the achievement of USAID/Tunisia’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) goal and development objectives (DOs) by assisting its efforts to gain and apply knowledge derived from monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) to inform its program and strategy decisions. This project will also help strengthen the capacity of USAID/Tunisia and some of its local partners in monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management. USAID/Libya requires third-party monitoring and evaluation services as well as support in efforts to gain and apply knowledge derived from MEL to inform its program and strategy decisions.
The period of performance is expected to be 5 years and is expected to be based in Tunis, Tunisia. This position is contingent upon a successful award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing management support and technical oversight of the project, the Chief of Party coordinates and collaborates with donor clients, implementing partners, and stakeholders. S/he will provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the activity and adhere to USAID, IBTCI and local rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures (including USAID FARS and ADS). S/he will deliver high-quality outputs in accordance with an agreed upon work plan and timeframe; manage a staff of senior experts; and manage financial and administrative resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in effectively negotiating with host governments, regional institutions, donors including UN agencies and USAID, national governments, local organizations, and other partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully manage and contribute to the professional growth of staff in a multi-cultural setting.
- Experience in capacity building strategies and approaches.
- Capable of high-level analyses and supporting Mission senior management in broad-gauged and big picture planning.
- At least 10 years of experience of progressive responsibility managing or implementing complex international development programs and projects (workplan preparation and implementation, logistics, budget preparation and tracking, staffing, reporting and meeting deliverables), preferably in non-permissive, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in enhancing performance monitoring, evaluation, and/or data use for decision-making.
- Excellent organization and writing skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver a quality written product.
- Excellent oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English is required.
- French and/or Arabic language skills preferred.
- MENA experience preferred.
Education: Must possess a graduate degree in management, organizational development, international development, economics, statistics, or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: The COP will supervise the technical and administrative stuff under this project.
Travel: International travel is required.