MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES is a non-governmental humanitarian organization. We are working today in more than 60 countries where our volunteers offer their help to populations in distress, to victims of conflicts without any discrimination of religion, philosophy or politics.
In order to create a pool of recruitment, MSF is looking for cultural mediators or interprets ready to leave for Greece or the Balkans.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Contribute to the building of MSF visibility and acceptance by creating link with the communities.
- Provide MSF project with an understanding of the local, socio-cultural determinants through the knowledge of the beneficiaries’ cultures and a reading capability of the context in which he/she should operate.
- Support all required medical and non-medical activities within the project, by decoding the demand expressed by the beneficiaries and meeting MSF staff’s expectations of quality interpretation and communication.
- Provide basic information (medical, transportation, procedures, etc.) to the beneficiaries and address them to other actors for specific information (legal, social, etc.)
- Take an active part in all necessary collateral activities linked to the beneficiaries’ health and social assistance, including information and advocacy.
- Degree in social science, social communication, social work or education &/or a relevant professional experience
- Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation is an asset.
For cultural reasons & in order to facilitate the access to our beneficiaries, we are looking for Farsi or Dari female speakers
Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Previous experience in interpretation and/or cultural mediation preferable.
- Experience with other NGOs preferable.
- Flexibility and adaptability to other cultures and an environment with basic living conditions
- Openness to others
- Ability to work under stress
- Team player
- Humanitarian motivation
- Fixed term contract, salary depending on the place of residence and the recognized work experience, transport costs, housing, per diem, vaccinations and medical insurance
- Two to six months contract