Interested in this role? Speak to EIB at the European Union Careers Fair
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate – Personnel – HR Operations Department – Benefits Administration Division – Infodesk Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Senior/Principal Operational Assistant
This is a full time position at grade 2/3
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for the beginning of December 2018.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
PERSONNEL intends to centralise all queries from staff through a dedicated InfoDesk channel. The Senior/Principal Operational Assistant will be part of a team and run the day-to-day business of the centralised PERSONNEL Info Desk to achieve its goals by
- responding directly to queries on issues related to Allowances, Insurances, Housing loans, Civil Status, Education and Crèches, time management, Staffing, Learning and Development and Staff rules (in case of need you will escalate the query to the concerned Personnel’s specialist)
- performing autonomously various tasks and
- processing a range of transactions.
You will be expected to apply standard procedures, as well as to execute non-standard tasks and solve complex issues using judgement and analysis. Moreover, you will establish a customer orientated service level in line with the requirements of staff members. Objective of contacts include persuading/influencing others with due authority, dealing with people issues, interpreting existing procedures and independently deciding on the appropriate application.
You will report to the Head of the Infodesk Unit, working in close cooperation with all Division members
Direct service provider at all functional levels (from support staff to Vice Presidents). Contacts with various Subject Matter Experts in Personnel, IT, pensioners and agents, Directorates’ Coordinations. You will also work closely with the Personnel Systems Unit to ensure appropriate development and maintenance of the Portal IT infrastructure, and with Personnel Internal Communications to ensure searchability and consistency of My Portal content.
Contacts with other institutions
- Act as a key point of contact for internal clients, handling complex issues and enquiries using knowledge of the EIB Group’s regulatory framework and processes, in order to ensure excellent customer service
- Interact with specialists to respond to more specific/complex queries
- Ensure the activity statistics monitoring of requests addressed to the centralised PERSONNEL Info Desk, quantitatively and in terms of quality
- Work together with the PERSONNEL’s IT Team on the shaping and designing of “My Portal – PERSONNEL”
- Hold bi-monthly presentations to newcomers
- Maintain proper record/documentation and data quality (e.g. preparation and filing of documents manually and electronically, maintenance of databases)
- Contribute to the planning and organisation of the PERSONNEL Info Desk by analysing the way of working and suggesting improvements
- Support the implementation of plans and initiatives in the Benefits Administration Division and participate in the optimisation of processes and working tools
- Take a cooperative approach within the team and ensure the full back-up of the other team members during absences to ensure business continuity
- When needed ensure integration and on-the-job training of more junior staff and to new joiners
- Secondary level education, completed with a 2 year certification in a relevant field (e.g. human resources, hospitality management or business administration) or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, of which some acquired in an administrative environment (preferably experience in customer support service)
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s Staff Regulations and Rules will be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of advanced functions of the EIB’s standard office tools and experience in the use of software applications/databases (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Business Objects). Knowledge of Peoplesoft would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and a good command of French*. A good command of another language will be an asset
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 22nd October 2018
(*). We particularly welcome applications from men and persons with disabilities.