Function title: Airport Training Expert
Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
Applicable regulations: Staff regulations
Grades for publication: AD7-8
Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12)
Number of posts: 1
Duration: 5 Year(s)
Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
Directorate/Service: NMD/TRG/TDD – Network Manager Director/Training/Training Development and Delivery
Competition publication date: 27/03/2019
Competition closing date: 24/04/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
Reserve list: A reserve list valid for one year may be established for the recruitment of similar posts
Within the Network Management Directorate, IANS’ mission is to provide training, support and tools for Air Navigation Service Providers, airports and competent authorities, mainly from the Member States of EUROCONTROL.
Your role will be to:
- Manage, develop and deliver training courses, primarily in the Airport and Airspace Capacity domains;
- Manage a team of internal and external presenters involved in these training courses with the aim to add value to the course participant’s organisations;
- Follow the evolution of airport management in a Network context in order to adapt and develop training courses;
- Propose changes in the course portfolio in line with the IANS strategy;
- Implement new concepts for airports e.g. connection Airport Operations Plan and Network Operations Plan;
- Monitor and steer Airport research activities;
- Support airport capacity assessments and related action plans for performance improvement;
- Operate in an ISO certified environment continuously searching for increased customer satisfaction;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. aeronautical sciences, airport management, or ATC licence) or of 3 years with at least 1 year of recent relevant working experience
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- In addition to the above, 4 years of recent relevant professional experience
- Experience in providing training
- Experience in airport management
- A broad ATM background and the link with airport operations is required
- Basic understanding of an ISO managed organisation
- Communication: Adapts communication to different situations and audiences
- Teamwork: Fosters teamwork
- Managing people: Implements effective people management practices
- Customer focus: Builds and maintains effective customer relations
- Creativity and innovation: Applies new approaches
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular function, thorough knowledge of English is required.
Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 7 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the person will maintain his/her current type of appointment yet be selected to fill this position under the conditions set above (determined period). At the end of this limited-term appointment, he/she will be transferred to the type of post and grade corresponding to the one he/she held before the determined appointment.
Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex X of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.