UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. For its international team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Experts Roster – Private Partnerships
UNRWA regularly requires technical experts and managers with international experience to perform specific professional level assignments related to projects and emergencies. PPD is currently recruiting personnel for: Foundation Relations, Corporate Relations, High NetWorth Individuals (HNWIs), Individual Giving, National Committees Support, Digital Fundraising & Marketing.
To meet the needs of our newly created Private Partnerships Division (PDD) and to support the activities of its National Committees in Italy, Spain and USA, UNRWA is looking for talented fundraisers to join the Private Sector Fundraising team. We are seeking a variety of profiles, from corporate & foundation experts to online fundraising and marketing outreach specialists.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
Certain functional profiles have specific requirements, but in general, candidates will be expected to posses the following minimum qualifications:
- A university degree (Bachelor or Master) in Marketing, International Development, Business Administration, Fundraising, Public Relations, Public Administration, Communications or a related discipline; an Advanced university degree is an asset;
- At least 3 to 5 years of postgraduate professional working experience in the relevant functional area. Experience in private sector fundraising (International Organizations, International NGOs, Foundations), developing public-private partnerships, negotiations with private partners and public relations/advocacy;
- Knowledge of Middle Eastculture and environment;
- General knowledge of the UN system;
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN Language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese); additional languages would be considered an asset.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communications, marketing and sales skills, and such as to approach partnerships and fundraising in a creative and entrepreneurial manner;
- Strong understanding in online marketing, communications or public relations;
- In-depth knowledge of fundraising and marketing principles;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent skills in standard computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, donor database and marketing software.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising andmarketing;
- Good interpersonal skills to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with business partners;
- Ability to coordinate a geographically diverse online communications team;
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks;
- Excellent organization and strategic planning abilities;
- High degree of independent judgment and initiative;
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Remuneration and other contractual modalities will depend upon the needs of the assignment and the candidate’s qualifications, experience and the level of expertise.
UNRWA does not charge a fee at any stage in the recruitment process.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
How to Apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Date of issue: 6 December 2015 / SW