Fishing Operations and Technology Specialists
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks and responsibilities of each selected Consultant will be defined in the Terms of Reference for the specific
assignment. In general, assigned tasks and responsibilities will normally include a number of the following elements
depending on the assignment and the expertise of the Consultant:
- Formulate projects in accordance with FAO’s Strategic Framework and the FAO project cycle.
- Coordinate, implement and administrate assigned programmes/ projects and/or project component and
- activities in accordance with FAO rules, procedures and systems, and donor requirements.
- Organize and participate in field missions and other events in support of the delivery of FIAO’s programme of work, including for consultation, training, capacity building and technical assistance to beneficiaries of FAO support programmes and projects.
- Contribute to relevant studies, publications and analyses, knowledge products and dissemination materials related to FIAO’s areas of work, including guidelines, capacity building and training material.
- Contribute to FIAO’s work related to resource mobilization, monitoring of regular programme expenses and organization of international meetings.
- Collaborate, within FIAO’s remit, with other FAO units, including providing assistance
- Collaborate with relevant UN agencies (IMO, ILO, UNEP, World Bank and UNODC in particular),
- intergovernmental organizations, and non-governmental organizations, in areas of mutual interest.
- Represent FIAO at internal and external meetings, particularly those related to the development and
- implementation of FIAO-led programmes/ projects. (only for Consultants)
- Use project management software and contribute to the development and operations of information systems /databases.
- Any other duties related to FIAO’s areas of work.
- University degree in Fisheries Studies, Development Studies, Economics, Political Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations, or other relevant field.
- One to four years of relevant experience in the design and implementation of development and/or emergency programmes/ projects, preferably in FIAO’s areas of work, for base level consultants (C level); at least five years’ relevant experience in the design and implementation of development and/or emergency programmes/ projects, preferably in FIAO’s areas of work, for middle level consultants (B level); and at least 12 years’ relevant experience ( at least 15 for PSAs level A) in the design and implementation of development and/or emergency projects within FIAO’s areas of work, for senior level consultants (A level).
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish, and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese or Russian if required by the assignment. For PSAs working knowledge of one FAO language is required.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
Closing date for applications 07 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com