The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Administration Manager 9 / Finance & Operations Officer – Ethiopia to support the International Health Division in Ethiopia. Under the supervision of Senior Health Finance and Governance Advisor, the Finance and Operations Officer will manage all aspects of financial administration, operations, and reporting for Abt’s sub-agreement on the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in coordination with senior project staff.
- Ensure project operations are compliant with all USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Support project startup, general operations, and closedown.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities.
- Provide ongoing financial administration, including processing/managing procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Manage timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to headquarters office.
- In concert with Abt’s home office team, serve as a point of contact with the client on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns.
- Assist home office team with development and implementation of accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- 4+ years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-funded. 6+ years of experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree required, Master degree preferred.
- Experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well on teams.
- Proficient in Quicken and MS Excel.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
- 4+ years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.