People in Need (PIN) is the Czech Republic based NGO working in relief and development sectors. See more at www.peopleinneed.cz PIN opened humanitarian response in Eastern Ukraine in early August 2014 and the programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Focus is given on the assistance to the IDPs, returnees and population living in the contested areas in the sectors of food security, shelter & winterization, WASH and cash and vouchers support. Total volume of the current programs is over 20 million USD funded among others by OFDA, ECHO, UNHCR, WFP and private donors.
For projects in Ukraine please see more at https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/humanitary-aid/country/ukraine.
PIN is currently looking for Head of Office in Stakhanov. The Head of Office is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures. At the regional/district level, the Head of Office represents PIN to relevant stakeholders. Head of Office reports to Country Director.
Start-up date: immediately / according to availability
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Location: Eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, based in Stakhanov
Duties and Responsibilities
- provides leadership in the design, delivery and quality of PIN Ukraine programme at district level. Is responsible for the quality of programme delivery.
- Has the responsibility for managing and developing the staff under his supervision and ensuring that the PIN values, code of conduct and basic humanitarian principles are incorporated in the leadership and upheld.
- supports the development of country expertise in each sector as well as supporting the agenda for capacity building of national staff in cooperation with the Head of HR.
- oversees program’s financial aspects – together with PM ensures, that project budgets are managed and spendings are done in line with plans
- ensures that PIN procedures and donor regulations applicable to projects implemented in the region with regards to program, logistics, security, HR, and administration are closely followed
Proposal Writing & Reporting
- HoO contributes to project development processes from a programme perspective and ensure the resources (HR, fiance, logistics) are planned adequately
- Ensure that all internal and external reports are provided in a timely fashion in collaboration with relevant staff and handed over to Country director for final check
- Ensure that all programme audits are prepared and managed.
Finance, Administration, HR, Logistics/Procurement
- is responsible for overseeing the management of finances and administration on regional level.
- ensures the proper management of finances on the bases including planning, authorization of expenses, and reporting.
- ensures the management of Human Resources in accordance with the PIN guidelines and the legal requirements in the host country.
- Ensures donors and internal guidelines and procedures related to HR (recruitment, evaluations etc), security, procurement are known by relevant staff supervised and that they complie to them.
- represents the organization at the regional level including general meetings with donors, humanitarian actors, local authorities, protocol meetings, security meetings, as well as sector program meetings when requested by the mission coordination.
- manages the visit of donors representatives / HQ visitors / other stakeholders whenever requested.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support the development of an appropriate M&E structure and ensure that programme management tools and systems are relevant. Develop internal mechanisms for institutional learning and memory.
- Improve the quality of services provided, through supervision of relevant staff, analysis and dissemination of M&E data and lessons learnt, and review of best practice guidelines.
- Strong experience in implementing emergency programs
- Experience within the region and understanding of local dynamics is welcome
- Familiarity with the conflicts settings
- Proven capacity to supervise and coach staff
- Ability to analyse and structure information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Approachable, good listener, builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, team members and external partners including at community level
- Reliable and self-reliant personality
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of Russian