People in Need’s programs for war-affected Syrian population focus mainly on livelihood/food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. PIN operates several programs in 3 locations in Northern and Eastern Syria (Idlib, Aleppo and Al Hasaka province) with its offices and field staff in Syria. Cross-border operations are managed from Turkey where PIN’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program implemented directly or through partners in Syria. Furthermore, PIN implements smaller scale projects in Turkey addressing the needs of refugees in terms of education.
- Ensure that Systems & Operations support the implementation of the Country Strategy and that procedures and regulations are implemented in full transparency and in accordance with donor and PIN rules.
- Oversee the operations of the logistics team in all sectors, including office management, fleet management, procurement, assets and administration at country office and in field offices
- Oversee logistics budgets, improve needs planning, and contribute to planning needs for new projects with regards to security and logistics.
- Provide systems and operations induction trainings to new international and national staff, on issues relating to logistics, HR, accommodation, health, security
- Oversee the operations of the financial team in all sectors, including budgeting, drawing, and accounting of PIN Syria
- Ensure communication between finance and other departments with special focus on budget management
- Ensure implementation of relevant national and international staff policies and their implementation by the national HR Manager, including providing training for new staff, managing leaves, allowances and evaluations.
- Three years relevant programme and management experience in emergency context
- Experience and knowledge of the rules of at least two out of the three following donors ECHO, OFDA, DFID required
- Experience in remote management a strong advantage
Fluent English both spoken and written, Arabic is an advantage
- Ability to quickly adapt and get oriented in new environment
Ability do make strategic decisions even in stressful context, under time pressure
Is open to cultural differences and can adjust the managerial style while working with people coming from different cultural background
Positive working attitude and good team spirit
- Possibility to work in a well established and locally recognized NGO
- Start up monthly salary app. 3200 EUR, per diem included
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel medical insurance relevant for war zone
- Accommodation is in PIN guesthouse on PIN expenses
- 25 days of paid leave per year