Application closing date: 10 April 2019
We are looking for a senior specialist/infrastructure specialist to lead the operationalization of the sector innovation and technology agenda, and to generate specialized knowledge in the application of new technologies, such as the Internet of Things, Big Data, Blockchain, collaborative platforms, autonomous vehicles , 3D printing or additive manufacturing (“additive manufacturing”), among others, to services and infrastructure in Latin America and the Caribbean, with emphasis on the transport sector but in an articulated manner and applicable to the other infrastructure sectors (Water and Sanitation (WSA), Energy (ENE), Social Infrastructure (INE) and others). In addition, lead the identification of applications of technologies such as those mentioned to projects, products and services of the Bank,
The mission of the team:
The Transportation Division and the Infrastructure Department promote the economic development and quality of life of its inhabitants through transport and infrastructure activities in an efficient, affordable, sustainable and safe manner.
What you will do:
- Lead operations from the Transportation Division with a multisectoral vision of the technological application, concentrating on partnerships with the other divisions of the Infrastructure Department.
- Generate knowledge, create the digital agenda of the INE Department and identify opportunities for the application of new technologies to projects of TSP, WSA, ENE and INE based on experiences of the ICT industry in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) and research of the State of the art of other technologies with potential impact on the development of the sector
- Analyze the services that different companies and startups/incipient companies offer to the infrastructure industries, and evaluate the feasibility of application of said services in infrastructure projects.
- Advise and accompany the Department of Infrastructure in the interaction with firms and service providers for the application of new technologies in infrastructure and transportation projects in LAC, as well as academic organizations and leading universities in technology.
- Advise the infrastructure sectors in the design of products, services and/or projects that make use of new technologies, assisting the Bank in the relationship with firms specialized in these technologies.
- Actively participate in the development of test prototypes of management models, projects, products or services.
- Organize the knowledge acquired and generate a system for disseminating information so that innovation becomes “mainstream” within the INE Department and in accordance with the Bank’s corporate guidelines.
- Work multisectoral with other departments of the Bank.
What you will need:
You are a citizen of one of our 48 member countries. We can offer assistance with transfer and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
you have no relatives (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including the spouse) who work in the IDB Group.
Master’s degree, with seven or more years of experience in engineering training, preferably in Innovation Management, Technology Management, Technology Strategy or Intelligent Transportation Systems applied specifically in any of the infrastructure sectors (transport, water and sanitation, and energy) or telecommunications.
Must have international experience in Latin America and the Caribbean, preferably in telecommunications and technology markets, managerial experience in the public and/or private sectors are desirable. Languages: Proficiency in English and Spanish, highly desirable Portuguese.