Interested in this position? Chat with IDB recruiters at the Global Careers in Latin America & the Caribbean online event
Application closing date: 15 February 2019
Our Sector is currently looking for a strategic, highly motivated individual for the Country Office Brazil, reporting directly to the Division Chief of Innovation and Creativity.
The main function of the Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Sector is to: (i) help the IDB Group to identify, build, apply, and disseminate high-quality knowledge as well as to develop and use learning products that enable the building of technical and general competencies; (ii) promote an internal culture of innovation by providing experience, networks, and methodologies and expediting the adoption of innovative solutions; and (iii) expand the audience that uses the Bank’s products and position the brand through internal and external communication. The IDB Group includes the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC/IDB Invest) which is committed to development through the private sector, and the IDB LAB, which is an innovation lab for the Group.
The Innovation and Creativity Division supports strengthening the Bank’s internal capacities to innovate through raising awareness, building capacity, and developing innovative and creative products to development challenges. We collect and disseminate lessons learned from innovative practices; design and implement capacity building products for IDBG teams while leveraging strategic partnerships with the private sector and academia to catalyze innovation; and facilitate the design of innovative products which have the potential to be replicable and scalable in the region through the adoption of disruptive technologies and creativity.
What you’ll do:
- Provide input to identify strategies, business opportunities and new technologies to develop a collaborative process of innovation with internal IDB Group teams in Brazil.
- Coordinate support to the dialogue of Country Office teams related to innovative initiatives with local such as governments, civil society, private sector and academia.
- Provide support to the Open Innovation Initiative pilot in Brazil looking forward to converting the initiative into a corporate methodology.
- Contribute to build a creative culture within COF Brazil.
- Work in the design, pilot and deliver solutions to promote open innovation, introduce group tools and methodologies that drive creative thinking that successfully guide the innovation and creativity agenda.
- Work across the organization to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients across the Bank to generate ideas and provide support to design and develop proof of concepts for new solutions.
- Promote and influence teams within the Bank to challenge conventional practices and instill an innovation mindset into decision-making processes and projects.
- Keep pace with the changing technologies and innovation methodologies and translate trends into tangible opportunities. Explore external opportunities, identify creative and transformative ideas.
- Contribute to leverage efforts, skills and resources and build synergies across KIC Divisions and Units.
- Provide input to evaluate the progress of innovation activities and adjust the pace or direction of new projects in accordance with the strategic priorities and client needs.
What you’ll need:
You are either a citizen of Brazil or a citizen of one of our 48-member countries with residency or legal permit to work in Brazil.
You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
You hold a master’s degree in Social Sciences , Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Communications, Marketing, Human-centered design/design thinking/design management, User experience, Innovation design/Product design, Entrepreneurship
- You have at least 4 years of relevant experience related to the key responsibilities of the position.
- You have experience in Brazil deploying innovation methodologies to facilitate design thinking and/or piloting processes for solutions.
- You have an established network of connections with the innovation ecosystems in Brazil.
- You have experience working in multi-disciplinary and/or cross-sector teams, with validated integration skills.
Other relevant skills and knowledge:
- You have validated project management skills, including but not limited to: leadership, communication, planning, risk and cost management, negotiation, critical thinking, task and quality management.
- You are results-oriented.
- Your understanding of IDBG’s mission, organizational structure, and business model is an advantage.
- You are able to interpret and apply policies and frameworks that adapt to internal client needs and in the best interest of the IDBG.
You are fluent (written and oral) in Portuguese and English or Spanish. Additional fluency in French is a plus.