Application closing date: 28 February 2019
Our Finance Department is building a pipeline of treasury professionals who want to have an impact on people’s lives and take their careers to an international level.
Register today in this Candidate Pipeline and we may contact you in the next months to discuss your background and interest in greater detail, and/or once a position becomes available for which your profile is relevant.
This can be a great opportunity for those who have an innovative and intrapreneurial mindset and want to work in a team that is constantly innovating. We encourage women, Afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to register.
We make the IDB’s development projects and ideas a reality by working with our internal and external clients to mobilize the Bank’s strong financial resources through effective, innovative and integrated financial solutions. This includes the investment of Bank’s financial resources, accounting and financial reporting, and overseeing the relations with financial markets and intermediaries.
The Treasury Division procures funds from financial markets, manages the Bank’s liquid assets and cash resources, and administers the Bank’s loan portfolios. The Bank has a loan portfolio of around U$90 billion, and our clients are governments across Latin America and the Caribbean.
Who we are looking for:
Dynamic professionals to work in the following areas:
- Investment in fixed income portfolio, particularly high-grade and across multiple asset classes and jurisdictions; this includes credit assessment of specific investments and instruments, measuring reporting and ensuring compliance with investment guidelines.
- Issuance of bonds and short-term funding instruments to fund the Bank, providing support to the Bank’s investor relationship efforts with different types of investors and a diversified geographic coverage.
- Support these two activities, including asset valuation, treasury compliance and reporting.
- Distribute financial solutions to our clients (primarily federal and local governments in Latin America and the Caribbean), including facilitating communication with the Bank’s treasury to execute currency conversions, interest rate fixings and the use of other derivatives optionality available to our clients.
- Innovate in our treasury back office, processing corporate payments and loan disbursements, monitoring and managing the Bank’s intraday and overnight cash positions.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Languages: You speak English and a second language of the Bank (Spanish, Portuguese or French).
- Education: You have earned a Master’s in finance or hold a CFA or similar financial industry certification.
- Experience: You have between 2 and 5 years of experience in finance or treasury activities at a public or private financial institution.
- Engagement: We are particularly interested in candidates who can demonstrate experience in finding new ways to do their job, and who can contribute to a knowledge-sharing environment.