Finance and Administrative Assistant – ILO – Nairobi
Description of Duties
- Perform a range of specialised finance support functions and services for operational and payment-related work of the Office, including initiating and processing financial transactions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and verifying that information and supporting documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
- Monitor expenditure and budget allocations, updating information on project accounts and informing supervisor when funds need to be replenished.
- Maintain and update project spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes. Prepare inputs, run reports, and extract and compile financial data and present information on the status of financial resources of the project to support analysis, budget revisions, and reporting needs.
- Respond to requests for general information and routine queries on status of payments and other budgetary issues.
- Review and request additional information on the financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
- Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process claims for payment, and check payment vouchers, prices and claims invoices.
- Undertake and complete a range of administrative and operational support services. Contribute to the smooth and efficient functioning of the work project team by evaluating requirements, organizing and carrying out work assignments accordingly and proposing improvements to work processes.
- Prepare, draft and finalize general and administrative correspondence and undertake quality control of outgoing documents for accuracy of information, grammar and style and compliance with applicable standards. Provide informal translations.
- Maintain the official travel plan of the project. Make travel and accommodation arrangements, coordinate visa and security requirements, and process administrative transactions. Provide guidance and assistance to staff relating to arrival, departure and official travel formalities. Develop and maintain contacts with counterparts in government departments and external service providers to facilitate travel, visa, shipping and/or other related issues.
- Coordinate and provide a range of administrative and financial support for meetings, workshops and other events. Ensure the timely preparation, translation, publication and dissemination of documents, presentations, briefing files and related materials. Take minutes and follow upon the implementation of decisions.
- Ensure the project’s filing systems are maintained, accessible and efficient. Update websites and databases. Gather, consolidate and present information/data on specific topics.
- Keep abreast of financial and administrative rules and regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties.
- Perform and/or coordinate other general administrative and financial duties such as those related to attendance and leave recording, office space, registry, inventory and procurement matters.
- Management of fixed assets including laptops in line with applicable policies
- Ensuring timely and accurate quarterly financial reports are prepared including any additional donor financial reports that may be required
- Ensuring proper financial closure of project with the preparation of the final reports and handover of key documents in line with ILOs document retention policies
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by a formal training in an area related to finance, general administration and office support.
- Minimum of five years of general administration and office support work experience, including providing various senior level support services.
- Excellent command of English.
- Working knowledge of another official language of the Organization or an official national language of the duty station.
Closing date for applications 15 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com