Application closing date: 21 August 2019
Thousands of children are unfairly discriminated against in the classroom, prevented from accessing a proper education. These children deserve the same opportunities as any other child, and that’s where you come in. In this role, your goal will be to create an environment where all children, and girls, in particular, feel included and are able to receive a quality education. You’ll also be looking to improve attendance and reduce school dropout rates. You’ll be working in a team, supporting target partners to introduce inclusive education practices. You’ll be working across many age groups, promoting inclusive principles at the pre-primary, primary and secondary level.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in education/inclusive education or related areas preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in in-service and/or pre-service teacher training at pre-primary and primary education level
- Experience of training teachers at pre-primary and primary level and/or secondary level
- Proven knowledge and skills in active learning, child-centred and inclusive methodologies and special needs education
- Proven experience and knowledge of developing, implementing and coordinating inclusive education projects/programmes
- Experience in developing inclusive education or special needs education training materials and delivering training
- Practical knowledge of peer-to-peer support
- Ability to monitor and evaluate project results and write up quarterly and annual reports
- Communication and networking skills with a good command of both spoken and written English
- Computer literate and have basic skills for managing information systems, such as creating spreadsheets and word documents.
Please note that this is a generic advert. Please apply and when a specific position arises that matches your skills and availability, we’ll contact you directly.