Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drive IOM vehicles in accordance with the security and transportation procedures, ensuring the safe and on-time arrival of staff from/to the duty station or destination.
- Responsible to the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily checking of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and ready for use. Always full tank prior to departure for field trips.
- Keep record of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts. Keep the vehicle maintenance log updated.
- Ensure that the vehicle undertakes regular service intervals/ regular checking of the vehicle parts.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Prepare daily log sheet and monthly report summarizing statistics for mileage, fuel consumption, usage, etc.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper precaution to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Ensure that driving compliance to the local rules and regulations are followed, in case of involvement in accident.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed High School degree from an accredited institution, with two years of experience in driving;
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution an advantage;
- Valid driving license is required.
- Experience with any UN agency or diplomatic missions;
- Knowledge/experience with UN Security (radio checks, defensive driving) an advantage. **
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of compliant business administration.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and Filipino is required. Working knowledge of any BARMM language is desirable.