Project Coordinator, Case Management
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide daily management and supervision of units within the RSC Case Management pillar, including hiring, providing training and technical assistance, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and accurate completion of duties within such units as File Integrity, Programme Access, Pre-screening, Field Team, Adjudications Support, Scheduling and Pre-Departure Services.
- Use reports to monitor the RSC MENA pipeline and coordinate case management activities throughout the region based on pipeline numbers and mission priorities. Oversee all aspects of RSC MENA circuit rides, including preparation, processing locations, interpreters, beneficiary messaging and reporting. Take appropriate action to address processing delays in relation to circuit rides.
- Act as a liaison between RSC MENA and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on case management activities throughout the region to ensure efficient resettlement processing and promote clear and positive communication between RSC MENA.
- In coordination with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager, RSC MENA, liaise with external partners, including US Embassy staff, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and UNHCR on processing throughout the MENA region.
- Collaborate with IOM Jordan, IOM Egypt and RSC MENA counterparts, on resource management, processing and case issues.
- Coordinate relevant statistics for the purpose of generating weekly activity and other reports. Report regularly to Deputy Project Manager and Project Manager, RSC MENA on relevant activities, problems and solutions related to the workflow and processing pipeline.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and information on changes to workflows and procedures to staff members in accordance with the Worldwide Refugee Processing System (WRAPS), US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), PRM Programme Announcements and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Draft Standard Operating procedures for RSC MENA and complete site assessment and evaluation trips throughout the region as needed.
- Represent RSC MENA at meetings as needed, including with US and UN officials. Prepare reports, briefings, background information, narratives and statistical reporting as necessary and required.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Deputy Project Manager of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Support the overall development of RSC MENA by suggesting potential improvements to processing activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Science, International Relations, Regional Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience, or;
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in USRAP, particularly in RSC processing activities, such as employment verification, case creation, pre-screening, USCIS adjudications support, scheduling, field support and out-processing, is essential;
• Knowledge of USRAP programme implementation and familiarity with IOM’s administrative, financial and business rules and practices is desirable;
• Experience planning, coordinating, overseeing and monitoring RSC circuit rides is a strong advantage;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with and lead a team;
• Demonstrated proficiency with the Worldwide Refugee Admission Processing System (WRAPS);
• Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.