Application closing date: 30 April 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Project Development and Liaison Officer will be responsible of:
- Identify new project/programme ideas through consultation with the Government, other donors, UN agencies, international organizations and NGO’s, and initiating development of new programmes in close cooperation with the relevant centralized / decentralized authorities and public/private entities.
- Assist in the planning, formulation of projects/programmes required for the implementation of technical cooperation activities in relation to projects on Labour Migration, Migration Health, Migration and Development, Counter Trafficking, Migrant Assistance, Integration processes, Capacity Building, Joint UN Programs and Research.
- Monitor projects under his/her responsibility and ensure that they are progressing according to plan; assist in project-related administration/financial management; draft memoranda, reports and other project related activities.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining working relations with government entities, local authorities, implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders as relevant to the projects and activities of the thematic areas.
- Assist the Chief of Mission in conducting meetings with representatives of potential donors for fund raising activities.
- Collaborate and liaise with other IOM missions in the region relating to regional migration programmes, especially to develop synergies between IOM and other agencies’ initiatives in migration.
- Prepare regular and special reports covering IOM’s activities; prepare briefings and background information requested by the Government, donor(s), and other entities.
- Participate in relevant inter-agency working groups and joint coordination mechanisms set up in partnership with UN system and the Algerian government,
- Support the coordination of the missions’ existing and future activities with other IOM activities to achieve complementarity and synergies, including, but not limited to, trainings, workshops, and awareness-raising and information campaigns.
- Represent IOM and participate at appropriate levels in conferences, workshops, trainings and various forums on issues related to migration.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Client Orientation
- Continuous Learning
- Creativity and Initiative
- Leadership and Negotiation
- Planning and Organizing
- Technological Awareness
- Resource Management
- Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context
- Correctly frames migration issues within their regional, global and political context
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed university degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations or Law.
- Two years’ work experience in project development, project management, project monitoring and evaluation, and/or knowledge management.
- Advanced English and French writing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Computer/software literate, preferably knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop with experience of maintaining a website.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural setting
English – Fluent French – Fluent