Project Officer – IOM – Panama City, Panama
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Participate in the implementation of the integrated methodology for data collection and information management across all RICP activities.
- Monitor Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan (RMRP) 2020 implementation as per agreed timelines and draft progress reports.
- Provide technical information and guidance on data collection processes and reporting mechanisms.
- Carry out appropriate systems back up, restoration, and data validation, and implement relevant security procedures.
- Provide technical guidance to the Regional coordination platform as well to the national and sub-regional platforms to facilitate the effective use of the designated information systems, including offline and online tools and applications and other systems.
- Generate specific information products for the Regional platform as well as the National and Sub-Regional platforms. These products include infographics, dashboards, maps, reports, etc.
- Assist in consolidating strategies and creating guidance documents for the national and sub-regional platforms to generate baseline data for the RMRP planning such as population figures, projections, people in need, target population, and funding requirements.
- Provide technical support to national platform staff to comply with requirements for data collection and management, surveys and assessments, and maintenance and support of database systems.
- Contribute to the design of effective IM solutions to meet RICP related needs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyze existing Platform systems and structural capacities, availability of relevant datasets, and data and information gaps, and prepare technical inputs for the preparation of various proposals.
- Conduct specific information management training modules for partners.
- Check that the implementation of information management systems and applications adhere to Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Policies and Standards.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Geography, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in methodologies to calculate population and projection figures oriented to migrants;
- Experience working with humanitarian sectors, specifically with an inter-sector focus;
- Desired experience with Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) process as well as the humanitarian program cycle;
- Proven experience with strategic planning approaches, information/data analysis, and report writing;
- Experience in management of work teams;
- Knowledge or experience of regional issues an advantage;
- Work experience in donor relations and report writing for specific donors of IOM’s interest would be an advantage;
- Experience managing common operational datasets.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English and Spanish is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an advantage.
Closing date for applications 23 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com