Recruiters representing MSF will be available at our next event. Register here
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
We offer basic healthcare, perform surgery, fight epidemics, rehabilitate and run hospitals and clinics, carry out vaccination campaigns, operate nutrition centres, and provide mental healthcare. Our activities include the treatment of injuries and disease, maternal care and the provision of humanitarian aid. Where necessary, we set up sanitation systems, supply safe drinking water, and distribute relief to assist survival.
Working overseas with (MSF) means that you will go to work in projects in any of the countries where MSF works. Each project you go to will require a certain period of commitment (6 to 12 months). It also means that you will need the flexibility to adjust to unfamiliar food, living quarters, pace of life, and languages. Projects may be located in the most remote places in the world, often in harsh environments with limited resources and amenities.
Regardless of where you go, it might be a very different lifestyle. Working in an unfamiliar culture inevitably involves challenges in communication and perceptions. Being aware that people may not act or think like you, accepting this, and being able to adapt your own behaviours if required, is of utmost importance when working in the field. A special camaraderie emerges amongst members of a project team who come from different countries, backgrounds and experience. This creates a shared sense of purpose, sparking ingenuity and resourcefulness in getting things done, and a lot of spontaneous fun.
Name: Logistics Specialist
Whether coordinating the purchase and transport of supplies, locally or internationally; organizing the transport of vaccines; restoring damaged hospitals; setting up feeding centers; managing staff; or maintaining vehicles and communication systems, logisticians keep MSF’s programs running smoothly.
Logisticians normally have frequent interaction with local authorities and organizations, and often oversee the implementation of security protocols. In some cases, the positions of logistician and administrator are combined. Individuals ranging in professional background from construction managers to film location scouts, from supply chain managers to engineers have joined the organization.
The work of a logistician is extremely diversified and not only includes supply of material to the projects, but it also involves management of infrastructure, vehicles, information and telecommunication systems, as well as electrical power. As a logistician, you can also be asked to manage the cold chain, air conditioning and ventilation.
- Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Planning together with the line manager required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinate and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility, in particular
- Ensure vehicle fleet maintenance
- Manage and follow up orders
- Ensure reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of material before its shipment.
- Technical higher diploma, management diploma, technical basic diploma with relevant experience, diploma in supply chain management. Other diplomas will be considered if relevant technical and organizational experience can be proved
- Minimum 2 years of work experience. (electrician, construction, mechanics, information and communications technology (ICT), telecoms, flight manager, supply)
- Cultural sensitivity,
- Openness and flexibility,
- Ability to live and work as a team,
- Ability to manage stress,
- Availability: MSF requires a minimum of a 2 years commitment.
- Arabic, English and/or French.
What we offer:
- A fixed-term contract
- Monthly pay salary during the mission
- A daily allowance (per diem) during the mission
- Medical coverage
- Payment of all mission-related expenses (transport, accommodation)
- The opportunity to work and quickly take on responsibilities in humanitarian situations and varied medical programs
- Personalized career development, with access to different levels of training, in order to grow within the organization.
Kindly apply through our recruitment page: msf-egypt.org/en/work-abroad
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com