- Participate in the development of the Research and Development Services Department strategy, budget and business planning processes.
- Create and implement actionable Advisory and Technical Assistance Division short to medium term operational plans and budgets with operational KPIs linked to the Department strategy.
- Co-ordinate the Advisory and Technical Assistance services in Division’s activities so that it effectively utilises its resources, manages its priorities, and is able to be both responsive and proactive.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate the Division on-going performance and quality of its outputs and services, identifying and initiating actions for improvement and innovation.
- Manage Technical Assistance grants.
Advisory and Technical Assistance
- Provide advisory services, broad strategies, best practices and technical guidance to member country governments and agencies on enabling environment, policy design and implementation related to Islamic Economics and Finance.
- Provide advice to interested governments, public and private sector institutions on application of Islamic economics, banking and finance to promote socio-economic development.
- Facilitate, through advisory and technical assistance services, access to Islamic finance for the poor, and promote financial inclusion by undertaking the development of Islamic micro-finance, Awqaf and Zakat sectors, in coordination with IDB Group relevant Departments and members.
- Provide capacity-building services to create an enabling environment for the Islamic Economics and Finance services industry in collaboration with Chief Economist and Operations Complexes and the IFSD.
- Provide input to Islamic Economics and Finance research and studies carried out by the Division.
Marketing IRTI Services and Coordination
- Organise and manage the promotion and marketing of IRTI services to member countries and to the corporate sector.
- Identify and implement ways to commercialise IRTI services for the private and commercial sectors, e.g. fee based activities, packaged products or value-added services.
- Continually look for new ways to raise the profile, influence and impact of IRTI so that it achieves its goals.
- Organise or coordinate country and regional symposia, conferences, seminars to promote dialogue, increase understanding and disseminate knowledge in Islamic Economics and Finance.
- Coordinate monitoring socio-economic conditions in Muslim communities in non-member countries and promote their development through Shari’ah compliant tools.
- Generate commitment, motivation and enthusiasm to the Division goals, and guide Division members through periods of change or uncertainly.
- Provide clear direction, prioritise tasks, assign and delegate responsibility and monitor the workflow.
- Plan, manage and review individual performance and provide regular feedback, development and coaching, taking prompt action where necessary.
- Provide opportunities for Division members to suggest participate in and contribute to improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Ensure the Division complies with IDB’s policies, processes, practices and systems.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Build and develop productive inter-Divisional working relationships within IDB Group and with external partners for joint working and knowledge sharing.
- Identify relevant research to be conducted for the establishment of a knowledgebase and inventory of best practices.
- Participate in the development and support of external research institutions in member and non-member countries
- Oversee the development of economic policies in line with member countries’ needs and principles of Islamic Economics and Finance.
- Initiate analysis and development of IFSI standards, good practices and governance in collaboration with Islamic Financial Services Board and other international Islamic infrastructure institutions.
Networking and Partnership
- Serve as a focal point for all matters related to Islamic Economics and Finance advisory and technical assistance to IDB Group Member and Non-Member Countries.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with IFSI interested institutions, organisations and groups at local, regional and global levels.
- Be the focal point between the IDB Group and Islamic infrastructure (enabling) institutions to strengthen them and contribute to their capacity building, support and promote their objectives, in coordination with relevant IDB Group members.
- Be the focal point between the IDB Group and other multilateral and supranational institutions and partners in their efforts towards promotion and development of Islamic Finance in coordination with IDB Group relevant Department and members.
Reporting and Communications
- Provide regular management reports with analysis and comment on Advisory and Technical Assistance Divisional performance and results.
- Coordinate surveys on economic cooperation among member countries.
- Facilitate institutional and economic research dialogues and identify emerging trends, common themes and issues in IFSI.
- Bachelor with 15 years
- Master with 12 years
- Doctorate with 10 years
Certification : Relevant certification is preferred.
- Strategic Planning skills.
- People Management
- Experience in Islamic Economics and Finance.
- Detailed knowledge of Islamic Economics and Finance.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant Shari’ah regulations.
English : Required
Arabic : Preferred
- Client Centricity & Stakeholder Management
- Motivation to Learn and Share Knowledge
- Drive for Results
- Change & Transition Management
- Communication and Building Partnerships
- Solutions & Result Management
- Innovation & Future Orientation
- International Mindset and Multicultural Sensitivity
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Bank Knowledge
- Economic Analysis and Assessment
- Facilitation and Evaluation
- Islamic Finance