Application closing date: 1 April 2018
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision is building a roster of highly qualified National Directors for future leadership positions. Here’s where you come in:
As a National Director with World Vision, you will lead efforts by developing and executing the country strategy through programme approaches and operating plans with clear, measurable, short-term and long-term targets.
We are looking for candidates who fit one of the following profiles:
- An experienced INGO leader who has served successfully at the country director level or higher.
- A CEO or senior C-suite executive of a multinational corporation, preferably with Marketing or business development experience.
Potential candidates should have previous experience managing an organization of over 100 staff and a complex budget of $10 million USD or more. Donor Relations experience with bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors such as USAID, DFID, Global Fund, WFP, etc. strongly preferred. As a faith-based, Christian INGO, World Vision seeks candidates who are in agreement with and can support and embody our Core Values.
A World Vision National is a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to effectively communicate global initiatives, cultivate relationships, and identify opportunities to successfully drive World Vision country growth and development.
- 10+ years ever increasing leadership experience in relief and development and/or the for-profit sector.
- MBA, MPH, MA/MS or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic or Portuguese required for some locations.
- Previous life/work experience in the host country or region preferred.
- Able to travel approximately 25+ %, including international travel.
Apply to the National Director Roster:
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.