Application closing date: 27 September 2018
The incumbent is responsible to the Chief of Branch for the management of the Section, system support management and customer management services for the self-propelled howitzer PzH 2000, the GTK BOXER, the Leopard Main Battle Tank and other land systems supported by the Section. More precisely, he/she is responsible for performing the following functions:
- Managing, both from a technical and administrative point of view, the personnel assigned to the Section.
- In coordination with the relevant functional managers, planning the logistic support requirements and associated budget, manpower and administrative resource requirements.
- Managing all customer relationships and facilitating the liaison between customers and suppliers for technical issues when required.
- Coordinating and overseeing the provision of system support services by the different functional branches for the assigned systems.
- Planning, preparing and justifying annual and supplementary operational budget proposals with customers and providing consolidated results to the operational budget officer for further consolidation.
- Performing project management or project direction functions for designated projects. Ensuring that projects under the responsibility of the Section are executed within allocated timeframe, budget, scope, quality and risks.
- Assessing the different aspects of support performance and reporting to customers.
- Performing activities aimed at expanding the customer base, the services portfolio and the systems supported in the area of his/her responsibility.
- Performing Travel on Duty (TDY) as required.
- Performing other related functions as required in peacetime and any other appropriate functions assigned in times of crisis or war.
- In the event of crisis or war the incumbent will, subject to the agreement of his/her national authorities, remain in the service of the Agency
- Developing and implementing life cycle support strategies including obsolescence management and supportability improvements based on technical facts, customers’ operational requirements and budgetary outlook.
- Ensuring that Engineering, Technical and Configuration Management activities related to the life cycle of the supported systems are planned, controlled and executed in an efficient and economical manner.
- Preparing technical specifications, Statements of Work (SOWs), specific contractual requirements and other documents required to implement system support activities, as well as participating in technical evaluation of bidders’ offers.
- Providing support to the Support Partnership (SP) and related working groups as required.
- Managing employee performance in line with applicable governing instructions.
- University degree in engineering (preferably mechanical or electronics/automotive) or equivalent education.
- At least five years of experience in managing support through the life cycle of a system family in industry or in a military environment.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to lead and work as a member of a cohesive team for the efficient accomplishment of all related processes and functions using project management techniques.
- Ability to deal effectively with personnel at all organisational levels.
- Ability to facilitate/present persuasively and negotiate effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to manage time and work effectively under pressure while producing quality products under shortnotice deadlines.
- Ability to develop resourceful and effective solutions to problems (including HR), to focus team on performance goals and expectations, to track metrics and measure performance, and to engage problems early to mitigate risk and redirect performance.
- Knowledge of information systems at end-user level with experience in using personal computers and software packages.
- Knowledge of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and supportability engineering for Land Combat Systems such as Artillery or Armoured Vehicles.
- Experience in SOW development, bid evaluation and contractual follow-up.
- Proficiency in technical writing and presentation skills.
NATO’s two official languages are English and French. The work of this post is mainly conducted in English, therefore fluency in that language is essential and working knowledge of French is desirable.