Application closing date: 27 September 2018
This post administratively belongs to the Infrastructure Development Office (HQ-AD) but is functionally responsible to the Chief Information Officer for providing Information Technology (IT) project management support and performing major functions related to all aspects of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) support to large infrastructure investment projects. More precisely, he/she is responsible for performing the following functions:
- Engineering, designing, planning and monitoring deployment of IT for new infrastructure projects. This includes functional requirements definition for datacenters and networks at different security classification levels. It also covers communications (connections to NATO networks, internet, telephony, VTC, SATCOM), private cloud computing, IT Security, IT systems for warehouses and conference centers as well as specific networks for Electronic Security Systems (ESS) and Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Planning, coordinating and controlling the sequence of IT activities, including planning for temporary office space, ensuring the proper level of IT security is maintained, and ensuring the impact of construction work on NSPA IT systems is kept to a minimum at all times, in order to safeguard NSPA’s continued ability to deliver.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all ICT requirements [including Communication Information Systems CIS)], risks and issues during all phases of IT infrastructure projects liaising with internal and external actors, especially with IT branches/sections and project members (e.g. Host Nation (HN), NSPA HQ, Administration des Batiments Publics, Infrastructure and Security offices…). In particular, ensuring the integration of all IT systems related to the new infra projects.
- Converting the user requirements into ICT/CIS engineering information, and defining them into products [Statement of Work (SOW), technical specifications, etc.] that can be used by contracted companies and/or HN to produce the desired outcomes.
- Liaising with the INFOSEC Officer, not only to ensure expertise during definition phase but also throughout the rest of the phases. Providing information and SME needed for the whole accreditation process of all systems used in new NSPA IT infrastructures, including Building Management System and Electronic Security Systems.
- Supporting evaluation and monitoring all configuration changes with ICT/CIS implications.
- Working with HN, architect, engineering firms, agency and other stakeholders in support of project objectives.
- Preparing technical IT instructions, procedures and concepts.
- Providing IT aspects for planning, coordinating and controlling the sequence of supporting Agency infrastructure objectives to include major investment, major refurbishments, temporary offices and coordinating activity to de-conflict competing priorities.
- Proactively assessing and managing IT project risks. Developing mitigation plans where appropriate.
- Leading project internal communication (IT part), change management and reporting activities.
- Executing IT project plans, including the monitoring/measuring of results against prescribed objectives, and ensuring that corrective action is taken where required.
- Performing Travel on Duty (TDY) as required.
- Performing other related functions as required in peacetime and any other appropriate functions assigned in times of crisis or war.
- In the event of crisis or war the incumbent will, subject to the agreement of his/her national authorities, remain in the service of the Agency.
- Coordinating the development of IT requirements for new infrastructure projects on a regular basis with the Senior Officer (Infrastructure Projects), responsible for providing project management support.
- Engineering, designing and monitoring implementation of state of the art IT including datacenters and networks [Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN)] at different security classifications levels including several technologies such as switching, routing, Wifi, Network Access Controls, encryption,etc.
- Overseeing the work of contractors, service providers and ensuring that products are delivered according to measurable deliverables described within SOWs.
- Assessing and evaluating user requirements in order to design, implement and maintain a fullyfunctioning IS infrastructure related to NSPA infra projects.
- Analysing, preparing and executing project change management in close cooperation with other teams.
- Writing SOWs, assisting in the technical administration and monitoring contractor performance to ensure contractual conditions are fulfilled, and proposing corrective actions when required.
- Preparing project documents, to include the time estimate and resources necessary for each project considering other priorities, available resources and deadlines, using the appropriate project management methodology.
- Analysing all aspects of NSPA-related IT solutions decommissioning related to the infrastructure projects, as deemed necessary, and taking all necessary actions to ensure that NSPA interests are properly taken care of and that NSPA equipment decommissioning is performed in accordance with relevant NSPA regulations during project transition phases.
- University degree in computer science, information systems management, computer information systems or similar related field.
- Not less than ten years of experience in the IT profession with proven tracked record of successful achievements in delivering results at the management level, ideally gained in mid-sized public or private sector organisations.
- Demonstrated organisational and project management ability to successfully work as a member or leader of multi-national/multi-disciplinary teams (including consultants), dealing with complex, interrelated technical issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and financial/budget skills, which bridge the gap between technology and business.
- Ability to facilitate/present with strong persuasion to secure buy-in and highly effective negotiating skills to achieve desired outcomes including business growth.
- Very good understanding of the underlying concepts of IS/IT production.
- Good understanding of multinational logistics within an operations context.
- Very broad knowledge of IT infrastructures including datacenters, networks, cloud computing, communications.
- Broad understanding of modern ICT, with in-depth knowledge of IT/IS network, OIS and the Agency’s enterprise software (SAP) concepts, ideally within the military environment.
- NATO’s two official languages are English and French. The work of this post is mainly conducted in English, therefore fluency in that language is essential and working knowledge of French is desirable.
- Cisco certifications would be an asset.