Finance Assistant – OSCE – Warsaw, Poland
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant and the Chief of Finance and in accordance with financial rules and regulations and established financial procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Ensuring accuracy of financial records by verifying authorization of invoiced expenditures against approved purchase orders; recording transactions in the general ledger system; analysing results, investigating discrepancies and recording correction transactions; and maintaining contact with suppliers on the status of their accounts;
- Supporting proper ODIHR recovery of VAT by organizing and verifying relevant documents, completing claim forms, following up with suppliers for missing documentation, and maintaining contact with Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the status of the claims. Ensuring accuracy of financial records by processing reimbursement entitlements, and reconciling relevant general ledger accounts;
- Managing organization of hard-copy financial records by maintaining files in coordination with Documents and Records Management Unit. Ensuring that rotation of files is properly managed so that Finance Unit staff can access relevant records at all times;
- As required, supporting and acting as backup for Treasury Assistant by verifying wire transfers or accuracy and approving wire transfers with limits prescribed by regulations and banking relationships, cash recovery of Cigna insurance and telecommunication costs for Seconded Staff Members;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education;
- Three years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, financial operations or comparable work;
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office), and relational databases, experience in Oracle is an asset;
- Familiarity with local banking practices is an asset;
- Good command of English is essential; working knowledge of Polish is strongly desirable;
- Accuracy, reliability and integrity are required.
- Ability to work with people of different national or cultural backgrounds; Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Closing date for applications 02 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com