Issued By: OSCE Mission to Montenegro
Vacancy Number: VNMNGC00157
Vacancy Type: Experts/Consultants
Field Of Expertise: Democratization
Number Of Posts: 1
Duty Station: Podgorica
Date Of Issue: 23 October 2018
Deadline For Application: 12 November 2018 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
In co-ordination with the ODHIR, the OSCE Mission to Montenegro continuously supports the Parliament of Montenegro in developing and adopting the Action Plan for a the “Gender Sensitive Parliament”, through conducting trainings for the Members of the Parliament and parliamentary services on gender equality and gender mainstreaming, as well as introducing the gender sensitive budgeting concept as an essential instrument for establishing gender mainstreaming within government policies. Through the above mentioned training, the Parliamentary Committee for Gender Equality will receive support in introducing the gender sensitive budgeting concept ensuring that gender equality principles are included into all stages of the budget process. For this, an International Expert/Trainer (in pair with a Local Expert) will be engaged to design and deliver one two-day gender budgeting training in Podgorica for the Committee (both MPs and staff). The two-day training course will be used to introduce basic principles of gender budgeting concept into the work of the Parliamentary Committee for Gender Equality.
The Democratization Programme therefore invites applications from highly qualified, energetic and experienced International professionals for the temporary consultancy post of International Expert/Trainer on Gender Budgeting who would be tasked to develop and implement a training and training materials in order to increase the knowledge of participants (both MPs and Parliament staff) on basic principles of gender budgeting and its application in daily work.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The international expert will be tasked with the following:
- In close co-ordination with the Mission and the Parliament of Montenegro design and develop a two-day training programme (for up to 25 participants) in accordance with the set objectives and share it electronically with the OSCE Mission to Montenegro/Democratization Programme (1 working day in total). The documents including material for interactive training (PowerPoint presentations, hand-outs, case studies and relevant exercises, minimum 10 pages/slides) and evaluation sheets (1-2 pages) should be made available in English language (by 06 December 2018);
- Deliver the interactive a two-day training course (2 working days in total) (by 18 December 2018);
- The training should have a strong interactive component and should include the following sessions: – Introduction to gender budgeting; the basic concepts of gender perspective on the budget; – The budget process (parliamentary role, stages); – Analysing the budget from gender perspective; – Gender budgeting and Parliament – practical examples of parliament’s engagement in budgetary process and best practices from the OSCE region; – Conclusions and next steps;
- Prepare the final report (minimum 6 pages) in English about the programme, including also recommendations for future capacity building activities and share it with the Programme Manager/Democratization; discuss recommendations with the Parliament’s Committee on-line (1 working day in total) (by 19 December 2018).
The envisaged engagement duration of 4 working days will be divided as follows:
- Co-ordination with the Mission and the Parliament of Montenegro and preparation of country-specific material (1 working day);
- Deliver the interactive two-day training course (2 working days);
- Preparation of the report with recommendations and on-line communication with the Parliament (1 working day).
- In close co-ordination with the Mission and the Parliament of Montenegro a two-day training programme is designed and developed (for up to 25 participants) in accordance with the set objectives and shared electronically with the OSCE Mission to Montenegro/Democratization Programme (1 working day in total ). The documents including material for interactive training (PowerPoint presentations, hand-outs, case studies and relevant exercises, minimum 10 pages/slides) and evaluation sheets (1-2 pages) should be made available in English language (by 06 December 2018);
- The interactive two-day training course is delivered (2 working days in total) (by 18 December 2018);
- The final report (minimum 6 pages) in English about the about the programme, including also recommendations for future capacity building activities is prepared and shared with the Programme Manager/Democratization; recommendations are discussed on-line with the Parliament’s Committee (1 working day in total) (by 19 December 2018).
- University degree in law, public administration, business administration, finance or other relevant field;
- 4+ years of professional experience in preparing and delivering trainings on the topic of the gender equality and gender-mainstreaming;
- Knowledge and experiences working on Gender Equality policies, mechanisms, and projects;
- Previous experience or projects involving parliament and senior management staff in public administration;
- Experience in adult learning concepts and theories and able to stimulate participants to take active part in training modules;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Fluency in English language is obligatory;
- Very good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in teams and with groups composed of individuals of different cultural and political backgrounds, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Co-operation with other international organizations would be considered as an asset.
The Expert/Consultant will be remunerated commensurate with his/her experience and qualifications in accordance with the OSCE established rates.