Language Assistant – OSCE – Odesa, Ukraine
Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Team Leader and provide a full range of translation/interpretation services to the Monitoring Team both in office and during patrol. The incumbent in agreement with the supervisor will also provide a full range of translation/interpretation for other OSCE colleagues visiting the Monitoring Team (MT) Area of Responsibility (AoR). Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Team Leader, the Language Assistant performs the following functions:
- Consecutive interpretation from Ukrainian/Russian into English language and vice versa during the meetings with local interlocutors (armed formations, local representatives, local NGOs, local population, media) and other patrolling tasks;
- Translation of written texts and documents from Ukrainian/Russian into English language and vice versa;
- Keeping minutes of the discussions and reporting summaries from meetings and conferences;
- Maintaining and updating contact lists of external interlocutors;
- As directed, arranging meetings with local interlocutors via verbal, electronic, and written correspondence;
- As directed, summarize and translate open source local media;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ukrainian citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Ukraine;
- Completed secondary education supplemented by specific studies in languages with specialization in translation and interpretation techniques;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in written translation and oral interpretation preferably with national or International Organizations;
- Professional fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian languages, excellent written and oral communication skills in the mentioned languages;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Customer service oriented; ability to work in a confidential environment and maintain a high level of discretion;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames;
- Knowledge and experience in the duty station area covered would be an asset.
Closing date for applications 31 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com