Pact is recruiting a Finance Director for an upcoming USAID-funded Strengthening Local Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) in Timor-Leste. The project will aim to strengthen the organizational, advocacy, research, networking, and financial capacity of selected NGOs in Timor-Leste, as well as to increase the demand for advocacy services, and ensure laws and policies enabling independent NGOs operations are in place to enable NGOs to provide sustainable advocacy on behalf of their constituents.
The Finance Director is responsible for all aspects of the project’s financial and accounting management and for providing support to all technical, program, and operations departments. The Finance Director will ensure that the program operates within the approved budget and is compliant with US Government cost principles under 2 CFR 200. This position is contingent upon award.
The Finance Director will report to the Chief of Party.
- Maintain project accounts in accordance with Pact policies and procedures.
- Ensure project expenditures are in accordance with the approved budget, project contract, and USAID policies and cost principles.
- Develop and manage project budget and pipeline to ensure project does not exceed approved obligation and budget ceiling.
- Provide detailed analyses of costs, budgets, contracts, and funding requirements.
- Monitor monthly financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as accounting, finance, or business administration.
- At least 5 years of experience managing finances for US Government-funded programs, preferably USAID.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience with USAID rules and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations under 2 CFR 200.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Fluency in English and either Portuguese or Tetum.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.