Communications Contractual – Defined Term Contractual
Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is today the main source of multilateral financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing member countries.
The Budget and Administrative Services Department (BDA) is responsible for providing Senior Management and the Board of Executive Directors information on performance and budget allocation and for managing corporate procurement and administrative services. As part of BDA, the Administrative Services, Security, and Corporate Procurement Division (BDA/ACP) provides a broad array of administrative services both in Headquarters and Country Offices, including corporate procurement, real estate management, corporate travel management, records management, corporate security and other institutional support services.
The Corporate Procurement Section of BDA/ACP is seeking for a Procurement Contractual. The primary role is to conduct the procurement and contracting process for a wide range of services and goods (i.e. Information technology, real estate construction, consulting, among others); including RFP development, evaluation, contract drafting/development and negotiation. Selected candidate will have demonstrated experience in end-to-end procurement processes and in developing supplier relationship programs. This role may also include work with the Country Offices and Special Offices in Europe and Asia. The candidate will report to the Procurement Section Chief.
To conduct the procurement and contracting process for a wide range of services and goods and to provide support to the Country Offices and Special Offices in Europe and Asia.
- Review departmental requests to determine the procurement approach that will obtain best value and minimize risk. Work with end users to review specifications and develop the Request for Proposal (RFP). Conduct all activities associated with the RFP process: coordinate project team, prepare plans, schedules, request for information, advertising notifications, evaluation, award and contract negotiation.
- Advise requisitioning units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle.
- Establish and maintain procurement plan and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned procurements. Exercises day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of procurement for the given areas of activity as a business partner.
- May serve as a liaison to the Country Offices and Special Offices in Europe and Asia regarding corporate procurement matters.
- Responsible for developing solicitation methodologies, drafting contract language, evaluation criteria, and contract administration documentation for new and recurring contracts for professional and/or technical services.
- Conduct clarification meetings, vendor conferences, demonstrations and site visits, reference-checks and financial viability reviews; establish evaluation methodology and criteria, conduct evaluation and vendor selection, and provide input to management.
- Under Corporate Procurement and Contracts Section Chief’ supervision plan the negotiation approach and participate in negotiations related to the process of institutional acquisitions for the adjudication of contracts for goods and services. Conduct post-award reviews with non-selected vendors.
- Conduct market research to assist users with procurement related activities. Conduct meetings with users to understand potential projects and assist with procurement related issues.
- Support the development of contract price cost analyses, utilizing different techniques.
- Manage contracts with service providers.
- Create purchase orders in SAP/SRM.
- Conduct data analysis of spend on goods and services to achieve the greatest gains in efficiency and cost reduction for end users.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments, research and analyze statistical data and market reports for suppliers.
- Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Master’s (or equivalent) degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Finance, Law, Project Management or other relevant field. C.P.M. and/or C.P.S.M (or ability to complete any of these certifications within a designated time period of hiring) is desired and a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Languages: Written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish required. Strong writing skills are a must in both languages.
- Areas of Expertise: Experience in the field of procurement, strategic sourcing, contract management or related experience. Ability to create and negotiate legally binding commercial contracts. Procurement and contracting experience in both US and Latin America desired. Knowledge of decision support tools and analytics is desirable. Familiarity with SAP ECC and SRM required.
- Client Management: Strong client focus experience working in a multi-cultural environment. Builds client relationships through collaboration, customer oriented approach and ability to provide useful expertise and value. Establishes role as trusted advisor by knowing, applying and advocating sound advice in functional area of expertise.
- Domain Knowledge: Procurement experience with an outstanding track record of results, and can demonstrate critical and creative thinking. Applies deep professional and technical knowledge, skills and expertise within own functional domain to job tasks and challenges of working in a diversified functional environment. Stays current on best practices in own functional domain.
- Business Process and Workflow Improvement: Analyzes and improves efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and workflows through process refinement and innovation.
- Measurement and Analytics: Analyzes data and trends to identify, diagnose and solve problems and make appropriate recommendations or interventions to improve services or business results. Establishes key metrics and monitors progress towards objectives.
- Project Management: Establishes objectives, tasks, responsibilities and timelines for the on-time and on-budget completion of projects, and effectively manages execution of such projects.
Characteristics of the Consultancy
- Consultancy category and modality: Defined Term Contractual, Monthly
- Contract duration: 19 months
- Place of work: Washington, DC. United Stated of America.
- Responsible person: Corporate Procurement and Contracts Section Chief