1. Development and Implementation of procurement strategies 2. Management of procurement processes 3. Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools 4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing 5. Team Management
1. Leads the development and implementation of procurement and contracting strategies for goods, services, and works, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Appropriate application of UNOPS procurement governance framework (rules, regulations, policies, and tools) in Business Unit and Project operations.
- Provision of supply-market intelligence and analysis.
- Procurement strategies, approaches, and plans designed and implemented according to cost reduction and saving strategies applying:
o Expertise in market intelligence matched to business requirements; o Optimal Stakeholder management principles; o Sustainability criteria; o Appropriate work processes to individual cases.
- Oversight and supervision of the implementation and results of strategic and routine procurement work plans in the Business Unit, covering Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
2. Manage and guide procurement processes for the acquisition of goods, services, and the construction of works for the Business Unit, focusing on the achievement of the following results, in compliance with the official procurement policies, rules, regulations, and procedures:
- Sustainability embedded in the procurement process.
- Appropriate procurement modalities and instruments applied (e-sourcing, procurement and Rosters of Suppliers) based on individual case requirements, utilizing expert knowledge of procurement policies and instruments.
- Creation, implementation, and oversight of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes in Business Unit and projects including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS Procurement rules and regulations.
- Review and pre-clearance of solicitation documents, requests for awards and submissions to Contract and Property Committees (CPCs) in the role as Procurement Reviewer (in OneUNOPS or Enterprise system).
- Procurement contracts and contractors optimally managed through supplier and contract performance management against agreed benchmarks and through agreed reporting mechanisms.
- Implementation of Internal control system.
- Elaboration of comments regarding project audit reports of the Business Units, when necessary.
- Provide technical and policy advice on procurement practices and their implementation. Providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle.
3. Ensure introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Creation, development, and management of rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Ensures that the e-sourcing tools are used in accordance with PG goals and standards in this area.
4. Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Identify training needs, plan and organize internal training/workshop to ensure knowledge sharing and best practices on procurement-related matters.
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for Business Unit personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Lead and conduct initiatives on capacity development and knowledge building for procurement personnel, including network development, plans, learning plans and activities, procurement practice information and best practice benchmarking.
- Oversee team’s contributions to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice including collaborative synthesis of lessons learned and dissemination of best practices in procurement management.
- Guide the team’s collection of feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize them productively.
- Regularly review and update guidelines in the procurement in light of changing circumstances for the purposes of complying with and/or streamlining existing procurement procedures and for the platform of data management and ensuring information and knowledge sharing
5. Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high-quality results and services of the team supervised through effective recruitment, work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Management of the Procurement Unit establishing strategic team objectives, key performance indicators, measurement standards, and expected results offering guidance to enable responsible, effective, and efficient performance.
- Advanced Degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree with an additional two years of relevant working experience may also be considered.
- Five (5) years of progressive experience are required within the procurement and supply chain fields, including at least two (2) years at a managerial level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) is highly desired.
- Computer literate and familiar with Office applications (in particular, Word and Excel) is highly desired.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Insitute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification, is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/ /UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English language is requirement.
- Working Knowledge of the Arabic language is desired