Contract Type: Contract staff
Grade: FG III
Vacancy Type: Public
Under the day to day supervision of project coordinators or assigned Senior Project Officer and the overall responsibility of the Head of Project Management Unit, the Project Officers shall, in close cooperation with other relevant colleagues assigned to the project team, be tasked to provide administrative, financial and operational support throughout all steps of the project cycle. This includes inception phase, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of activities undertaken by CEPOL in the context of its actions in support of building the capacity of law enforcement services in third countries. This shall also encompass tasks related to operational initiation of procurement, purchase orders, and other activities with financial implications.
- Assist Senior Project Officer throughout project implementation;
- Support the organisation, logistics and administration of training sessions and project meetings, including meetings of the Steering Committee;
- Assist in tasks related to training needs assessments, in particular liaison with stakeholders, collection of data via surveys and/or interviews, presentation of data via Excel and/or other tools;
- Facilitate staff exchanges, in particular the matching process and the relations with exchangees and the service provider as to logistics and travel issues;
- Contribute to drafting inception, progress and final reports, and provide input necessary for Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Update and monitor work plans, budgets and expenditures;
- Contribute to drafting ToRs for short term experts, disseminate them, and provide input to the recruitment and hiring process as needed;
- Support liaison with project partners and stakeholders;
- Support project outreach, communication, PR and project visibility;
- Ensure compliance of project expenditure with the EU financial regulations whilst ensuring expenditure items for project purposes are easily identified and traceable;
- Keep track and consolidate project evaluation tools and reports;
- Contribute to the identification and dissemination of best practices and the exchange of experiences;
- Willingness to travel (by plane) frequently abroad to fulfil missions;
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union.
A level of post-secondary education attested by diploma
a level of secondary education attested by diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropiate professional experience of at least 3 years gained after obtaining the diploma.
In addition to the above at least 3 years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma (6 years in total – in case of secondary education).