Regular Volunteer Programme for the World Food Forum
The volunteer will report to an assigned supervisor.
The volunteer may be assigned in a field relevant to activities and the events of the World Food Forum.
Tasks and responsibilities
The volunteer will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the volunteer.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have completed secondary school education.
• Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, English, Russian or Spanish).
• Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
• Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
• Candidates must be aged 18 or older.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
• Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Volunteer Programme.