Senior Associate, Compliance and Operational Risk Management Department (DCR)
Closing Date: 05-Dec-2022 17:30 (Greece Time)
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Under the general supervision of the Head, DCR, the Senior Associate, DCR provides support in the areas of the responsibility of the Department, in order to ensure quality, efficiency, accuracy and timeliness in delivery of the Department’s outputs.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Head, DCR, the Senior Associate, DCR will provide support and assistance both with the assessment and mitigation of the operational risks of the Bank as well as with tasks related to the Compliance Risk Management function.
More specifically the Senior Associate, DCR, will provide support and assistance with:
- Assessment and mitigation of the operational risks of the Bank;
- Implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s operational risk monitoring and control system;
- KYC/integrity issues relating to the Bank’s operations vis-à-vis internal and external parties;
- Conduct/compliance/ethics issues relating to the Bank’s staff;
- Integrity and compliance-related requests from third parties;
- Investigations performed by the Department;
- Drafting and review of rules pertaining to the Department’s duties;
- Review of new or revised rules produced by other units of the Bank.
- Professionalism: maintains a level of expertise and professional knowledge commensurate with the respective position and job description,
- Results Orientation: demonstrates ability for achieving results against an internal or external standard of excellence.
- Communication and interaction with impact: Transfers efficiently and effectively information and messages, wields effective tactics for persuasion.
- Client/stakeholder orientation – ensures appropriate service of high standard to internal and/or external customers and develops constructive and sustainable business/ customer relationships.
- Teamwork: effectively cooperates with others aiming at the achievement of team objectives.
- Cultural sensitivity/Diversity: supports and promotes an environment that holds opportunities for all, regardless of race, gender, culture and age.
- Integrity: maintains standards of objectivity, independence and discretion. Behaves ethically and in consistency with institutional core values.
- Accountability: exhibits a strong sense of responsibility for one’s work and resulting consequences.
- Innovation and change: is open to and applies novel ideas and thinking to improve processes, methods, systems or services. Accepts and adapts to changes.
- Critical thinking: clarifies goals, examines assumptions, evaluates evidence, accomplishes actions, and assesses conclusions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- College or first University degree or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of generally relevant working experience, of which at least 5 years should be in a financial institution.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree.
- Good knowledge of more than one language of a member state of the Bank.
- Operational Risk, KYC, AMLCFT, ethics, investigations, banking skills.
- Any law experience and/or law-related education/qualification/program.
- Working experience in operational risk.
- Experience in the region of the BSTDB’s operation.
- Experience in an international development financial institution.
For a candidate to participate in the competitive selection for this position, s/he must meet at least the following minimum requirements:
Education: College or first University degree or equivalent.
Experience: At least 8 years of generally relevant working experience, of which at least 5 years should be in a financial institution.