ALM Department /Finance Directorate
(Group II – Grade A2/A4)
Vacancy notice 11/2018
The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) is a multilateral development bank with a social mandate. The CEB contributes to financing the implementation of socially oriented investment projects through four sectoral lines of action, namely: strengthening social integration; managing the environment; supporting public infrastructure with a social vocation; supporting micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs).
The Bank also plays an active role in the response to the migrant and refugee challenge in Europe.
Within the Finance Directorate and reporting directly to the Asset & Liability Management Director, the incumbent will participate in elaborating and analysing ALM indicators, setting up new indicators (interest-rate, FX and liquidity indicators) and maintaining and developing ALM tools.
He/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
To be a driving force in ALM management matters:
- Supporting the development, implementation and continuous improvement of ALM indicators (daily, monthly, quarterly) according to:
- new regulatory developments
- evolution of functional needs
- increasing diversity of transactions carried out by the Front Office.
- Developing interest-rate and liquidity stress tests, analysing scenarios
- Proposing steering action to manage interest-rate and liquidity positions on the basis of the Bank’s positions and the interest-rate context
- Modelling and simulating new operations with impact quantifications on ALM indicators
- Responding to ad-hoc requests and participating in other projects and initiatives.
To improve the reporting system:
- Improving and systematising the production of reports for the intention of Management through process automation and optimisation of production flows.
To take an operational role in implementing, configuring, checking and maintaining the IT systems used by ALM:
- Conducting random quality assurance checks on data upstream to ensure the production of reliable reports in due time
- Maintaining data bases
- Creating in the system, through implementation of requests (SQL, Data Base Editor, etc.), non-standard restitutions as a complement to standard restitutions developed by the IT Department, to enable specific ALM analyses
- Documenting processes thoroughly
- Identifying and defining improvement opportunities in the context of process optimisation.
- Higher education diploma (preferably from an Engineering School / Business School)
- At least seven years’ proven experience in ALM or in a similar function acquired within the Finance Directorate (ALM – Front Office) of a bank, an audit firm or a consultancy firm. Experience with derivatives (Front Office, financial risk management) is highly recommended.
IT / Technical skills:
- In-depth knowledge of MS office (PowerPoint, Word, graphic displays), in particular advanced EXCEL for modelling
- Experience in data base administration (if possible in Globus), in IT developments (SQL, VBA …) and also in the configuration of dedicated tools (Fermat / RCO, others)
- Financial software: Bloomberg.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of finance and financial maths. Good accounting skills
- Extensive knowledge of banking products for immediate use of data
- Real autonomy in manipulating and managing data
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to interpret data and analyse results
- Good ability to communicate internally on ALM deliverables.
The minimum required is fluency in one of the Bank’s official languages (English / French) and a good working knowledge of the other.
Priority to attitude (positive, proactive) and professionalism (pragmatic, respect for deadlines and quality deliverables).
Nationality: Citizenship of one of the Bank’s member states.
Conditions of employment
1) Contract: the CEB offers a 4-year appointment (including a one-year probationary period) with, under certain conditions, the possibility of renewal.
2) Grade and salary:
- Grade (A2/A4)
- The remuneration package is composed of a tax free basic salary and applicable benefits.
3) Benefits (determined by the candidate’s personal situation):
- basic family allowance
- dependent child supplement
- one additional monthly dependent child supplement for a single-parent family
- supplement for a disabled and dependent parent subject to certain conditions
- supplements for a disabled or severely disabled child subject to certain conditions
- education allowance (children) for expatriate staff members
- installation allowance and reimbursement of travel and removal expenses subject to certain conditions
Within the framework of its rules on equal opportunity, the Council of Europe Development Bank strives to ensure equal representation of men and women among its staff, both per category and per grade. In compliance with these rules, in the case of equal merit, preference is given to the candidate of the underrepresented sex (at the time when the Selection Committee makes its recommendation).
Deadline for applications: 22 August 2018 by midnight (Paris time)
Candidates may be required to take examinations.
For more information and how to apply, please click the Apply Button.