Speak to CTBTO about this role at Global Careers for Women 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head, Software Integration Unit, International Data Centre Division to:
- Define and maintain formal requirements for new software systems to be developed using proven system analysis techniques;
- Integrate and release software from external contributors in the IDC environment following established IDC Change Management procedures;
- Perform software development and maintenance and provide second level support for software systems in operation;
- Act as project manager and technical lead in software development projects, working with external, possibly geographically dispersed contractors.
- University degree in computer science, mathematics or a related field; A first-level degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree;
- At least 5 years of recent professional experience developing and testing software on UNIX and Linux systems;
- Hands-on experience with, and understanding of, requirements definition and software system design methodologies;
- At least 5 years of recent professional experience with SQL and database programming, ideally using Oracle and/or PostgreSQL databases, experience designing data access layers and data models for an application;
- Knowledge of object oriented system design techniques, including experience with using and applying common design patterns; in depth experience with at least one object oriented programming language;
- 3 years of experience with Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum;
- Knowledge of web-based internet application development architectures;
- Experience using the C++, Python, Perl and UNIX shell scripting languages is an advantage;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: These vacancies are not open vacancies, but examples of profiles recruiters will be looking for at the Global Careers for Women event | 1st March.