|Location :||Cox’s Bazar, BANGLADESH|
|Application Deadline :||27-May-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||13d 13h 11m|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-1|
|Languages Required :|
|Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)||01-Jul-2019|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One Year (extendable based on the availability of fund)|
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women in Bangladesh is supporting the Government of Bangladesh with the Rohingya humanitarian crisis response. UN Women has developed a humanitarian response programme in partnership with the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs to meet the specific needs of the most vulnerable and marginalized Rohingya Refugee Women and Girls and the women and girls in the host communities affected by the refugee influx in Cox’s BazarThe objective of the programme is to ensure protection, as well as equitable and safe access to and benefit from urgent life-saving humanitarian assistance and information to the most vulnerable, and marginalized Rohingya women while assisting them to live with dignity. The programme also promotes women’s participation and leadership in the camps and host community and peace and social cohesion building activities. UN Women co-chairs the Gender in Humanitarian Action Working Group for the Rohingya Refugee Response with UNHCR to promote gender-responsive humanitarian action across humanitarian agencies in Cox’s Bazar, and established a sub office in Cox’s Bazar in January 2018 to reinforce management of programmes in Cox’s Bazar district.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Head of Sub-Office ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
16 and clerical support to the UN Women Head of Sub-Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide reliable and secure driving services:
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government – Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/ UN Offices;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Ensure all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Ensure vehicle comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
2. Provide proper use of vehicle:
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs;
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Provide day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle:
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working condition;
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
4. Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies:
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
5. Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed:
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time
- Quality care and maintenance of vehicle
- Timely inputs to logs and records
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education with 5 years of experiences; or
- Completion of Grade VIII with 8 years of experiences;
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Completion of secondary education with 5 years of experiences of experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record;
- Completion of Grade VIII with 8 years of experiences of experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Fluency in Bengali is required;
- Knowledge of English is an asset.